Friday, December 30, 2011

SA Occasions Mini Blog Hop-Paper Doily Sizzlet

Welcome to the first stop of the HOP! This mini is so full of fun. Stampin Up! continues to amaze me! This mini has a new style of dies (I have sooo wanted these for ever) and lots of romance. A little Steampunk (my daughter could not believe I even knew that term, let alone what it meant...silly girl ;) ) and some bold, yummy, food themed stuff. Some new baby stuff, and some "a-maze-ing" stuff .

And my friends & I from Stampin' Addicts are here to show you some of the yummy goodies from the new Mini and some unique ways to use them :)

If you are starting at the beginning, just keep clicking the links to the next stop. And have no fear, if you get lost along the way. Here is the link to the masterlist of the hop!

I am going to show you a few things with the Paper Doily Sizzlet. It is such a yummy new toy! And I confess that I have Valentine's on the brain today :)


For someone who is deathly allergic to strawberries, I sure do love this image! It is from the PS I Love You set. I cute the center out of the paper before I cut out this doily and then popped it up on dimensionals. The background is the Distressed Dots BG stampied in Frost White Shimmer Paint.

How about a little box lined with a doily? And did you notice the lacy bit behind the hearts? It is the center of the doily on the previous card! I played with the Blushing Bride Shimmer Mist and the Heart Framelits here too :)


Next up, some treat wraps. I think these are adorable, and they would look fab with some of those big pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, don't you? I added some of the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to the strawberry and the middle heart on the pink wrap. SO YUMMY!


And last but not least , I had challenged myself to find something masculine to do with the doily. Can you see it? I used the doily as a mask to create the camouflage! I even impressed my boys with this :) ANd I snuck in some of the new Labels Framelit dies. I'm telling ya, you have to check out this MINI. It is chock full of yumminess!

Be sure to come back later this week for more details on these projects.
Now, on with the show! Check out Paula's blog for the fun stuff she does with the Edgelit Dies and Matching Embossing Folders, gorgeous!


And if you are going backwards through the loop, you need to go to Yapha's blog next where she did wonderful things with Candy Conversations!


19 comments:

Yapha said...

These are fabulous!!! I love those treat holders, and your masculine one is absolutely brilliant!

Adriana Benitez said...

Wonderful projects - all of them! Brilliant work with the masculine card - TFS! The Doily and Hearts framelits have just moved up on my wish list!!

Heidi Baks said...

All your projects are fabulous, Tanya!

Carmen said...

Wonderful!! So like the masculine one!! But they are all too cute!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

So cool with the camo doily!! I LOVE the treat holders and big fancy pretzels plan too!! Too cute all around!!!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

So pretty!! I can't wait to get this die. What a bummer you're allergic to strawberries. They're my fave spring fruit.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Very pretty! Love that you used the doily to wrap up the treats... what a bummer being allergic to strawberries! They're so yummy. Great projects all around!

Shelley Z said...

Wow Tanya! Fabulous projects! I had no idea how you were going to use this to make a masculine card but you sure did and it's faboo!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, Tanya, I was blown away by the camouflage! I was wondering how you were going to pull off a masculine card with a doily, and you really did it. Kudos to you! Every one of these projects rocks, and I really love the idea of dipped pretzel stick wrapped in the lacy paper. Darn you! Now I have to get the doily die, too. :)

Kim said...

Beautiful projects Tanya! Love the camo card. You are so clever!

Paula said...

Love the masculine card. So clever! But I love that sweet box!

Lisa Young said...

Oh wow Tanya! Everything you did with this die is fabulous! I have been trying to talk myself out of buying it but after seeing how diverse it is, I think I will go ahead and get it.

Debbi said...

Camo with a doily?! Brilliant Tanya!! All your projects are great, but that one ROCKS.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love your projects, especially the treat holders and the camo one! You have to do a tutorial on how you did the camo piece.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the camo! But, those treat covers are first on my list!

Missi said...

Cute, cute cute!!

Twila said...

Tanya, fantastic group of projects. I have to pick those pretty lacy treat holders as my favorite, But I do love your masculine card. It turned out great.

Debra Burgin said...

Masking with this die? AMAZING!!! You have opened up a whole new world to me with this technique. Beautiful projects!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Tanya! You certainly gave this doily a workout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails