Friday, January 27, 2012

Stampin ' Addicts SAB Blog Hop- Ribbin & Brads pack


Woo- Hoo!! It is SAB time again!! Lots of free stuff to earn, and boy howdie! Did Stampin Up! every come out with some yummy stuff this time. I think this is my favorite SAB ever! And my Stampin Addicts friends and I are going to show you the fun stuff you can earn during SAB this year. There are 18 stops on this hop, you can find the full list here. It you get lost along the way, this will help you find the way again :)

If you started at the beginning of the hop, you just arrived here from Paula's blog where she featured the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series paper. Didn't she do an amazing job with that delicious paper?! I am stop #4 and there may be a little  overlap with some of our projects as I am featuring the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad pack, which-as the name suggests-was created to coordinate with the paper :)


First up, I recently started a journal for myself. I wanted something pretty and this is what evolved. I still have a stash of theses spiral bound pads from the local print shop that are about 5x7½, perfect journal size!
We use a wood stove to heat our house, so I had no problem finding birch back to play with, and thought I would try cutting out some fun shapes. This ♥ this butterfly!!! I used a 3" length of the Lucky Limeade Organza ribbon to make the antenna, and  a Lucky Limeade brad for the head, then some rhinestones for the body. Isn't it fun?!
I also used a length of the Dotted Ribbon punched Pool Party and stitched it with more of the organza. Also used the organza to wrap one of the Labels Framelits and then made a pretty double bow with the butterfly brad at the knot.  All kinds if fun uses for the Ribbon and Brad pack!


(Click on the photo to see it bigger for better details)
Now this little number took me much longer to make than it should have... I blame that on my spacey-asthma-prednisone head. Lots of stitching on this though. I couldn't resist adding more and more! Have you ever tried ribbon embroidery? It is really easy and so pretty! Those hears are cut with the Heart Framelits and then the stitching began! I am txhinking of making a variety of seasonal things to put it this frame. I think I got it at Walmart for $2 and it was in my stash cabinet. The cardstock measures-  4-7/8x12 - what a lovely surprise :)
And that big Old Olive button? You can get the Brights Button pack free during SAB also!!


I  purposely left a sentiment off of this card so I can use it for anything :) The First Edition hearts are actually leftovers from my Hearts & Snowflakes banner from a few days ago. The bottom Poppy Parade piece is texturized with the Lots of Love  Letterpress Plate.  I pulled out the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter to color the large heart.

I was hoping to get one more project done fro you all, but I spent way too much time playing with the ribbon embroidery ;)

On to the next stop, Yapha's blog where she will dazzle us with her projects using Sprinkled Expressions!

Or you can go backwards to the previous stop, Paula's blog, to look at the fun with Everyday Enchantment DSP again :)

22 comments:

Betty said...

WOW Tanya! Your embroidery project is AMAZING! Way to go girl!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Gorgeous projects Tanya!! Love! Love! Love! Your felt hearts!! I'm totally inspired to go outside the "paper" box. Great job!

Vikki Jo said...

Beautiful projects! I couldn't comment at Paula's (some error) but you ladies really did awesome procts with the label framelits!
Tanya, I loved your 3rd project, now I must get the Edgelits!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Wow Tanya, loved the framed hearts art work! Great projects~

Katherine said...

Wow - these projects are to die for - I have never tried ribbon embroidery but now I think I'm going to have to!

The birch bark butterfly is the sweetest thing. I was looking for some of that stuff to make Christmas Ornaments a few months back - I love what you did with it!

Heidi Baks said...

Very cool butterfly, but you had me with your ribbon stitchery!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Wow! You definitely hit the top with the ribbon embroidery. Awesome!

Yapha said...

Wow just isn't enough -- your projects are AMAZING!!! Love the ribbon through the scallop punch, and the embroidery? Incredible!!!

Paula said...

Love the felt hearts. Such a great idea! The rest are fabulous too!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Wow you did some amazing stuff girl! That ribbon embroidery is so neat and I loveeeee that birch butterfly!!

Kim said...

Just amazing! Your ribbon embroidery is outside the box and gorgeous.

Lisa Young said...

Oh my oh my! Die cutting a butterfly from birchbark is so cool!! Lots of possibilities there. Great job with all of your projects - the brads and ribbon add the perfect touch to each one.

Amy said...

Tanya, that embroidery is AWESOME! Great job.

Anonymous said...

You AMAZE me!!
I am totally going to have to give the ribbon embroidery a try!
Bought a bigger Janome machine and can't wait for my lesson on how to use it Feb 4th.. I'll be stitchen up cards in no time. Thanks for the inspiration! Kimkoz

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Gorgeous Projects!! Beautiful stitching and embroidery and beautiful result!!! WOW!

(and the sewing ~I~ like (by hand not machine) so I might actually try something like this--thanks for the inspiration!)

Barbara Welch said...

I love your projects, the felt hearts are my favorite.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wowzia! Amazing stuff you did!! Like always :) very cool projects they all our my favorite!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the journal. The birch bark is a perfect touch. The framed hearts is so beautiful. I've wanted to try my embroidery past on something and you've inspired me. Beautiful!

Missi said...

What a great idea to use the birch bark in your bigshot! The ribbon embroidery is lovely!

Cindy said...

Brilliant idea to use the ribbon for ribbon embroidery! I haven't done that in ages!!! Nice to know the Framelits will cut felt, too. Hmmm, ideas are popping! TFS!!!

Twila said...

Tanya! WoOhOo! beautiful job. Love the embroidery work you did on them. Love them all!

Carmen said...

Oh my Tanya!! Love these and that frame to die for!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails