Friday, November 2, 2012

Stampin' Addicts MDS2 Blog Hop


To celebrate the release of the updated version of My Digital Studio, we decided to do a hop showcasing some of the new features on My Digital Studio 2! There are so many new features we couldn't possibly show you all of them :)

If you started at the beginning, then you just came from Heidi's blog where she sowed you some beautiful stuff featuring converting your project size. Pretty nifty huh?!

Well, I am showcasing the Calendar Effects feature. Basically, this feature lets you create a calendar that automatically fills in the right dates for the month and year that you choose, and you can make it any size!

I have been working on making my own calendar to fit in the new Desktop Display Calendar Case (#127033 $1.95) sold on page 22 of the Holiday Mini. These are 2 of the pages I have made so far and they fit on 1 sheet of 8.5"x11" paper.  I just keep the same page and change out the background papers and edit the months and embellishments, then export to jpeg and print on Whisper White on my home printer.


And here is is printed, cut out, and inside the case. I love the versatility of this feature!


How about a quick calendar to keep track of all of your crafting deadlines or the days you work, or your kids activities? I whipped this up in about 5 minutes.
  1. I opened a landscape 8.5"x11" blank project 
  2. Chose a background paper 
  3. Added a piece of Very Vanilla 9.5"x7" with a drop shadow
  4. Added the Calendar with lines for November 2012
  5. Edited the Calendar fonts and colors
  6. Exported as a jpeg
  7. Printed the page on my home printer on plain paper. 
Now I have my work schedule in an easy to read format that the whole family can see :)


How about adding a calendar to a scrapbook page to show a special date or for a monthly page? You can change the font to any font you have on your computer and you can change the colors and sizes of the letters and number, do lines or no lines. Very customizable!
This page shows my oldest son with his girlfriend. She is such a sweetie! Of course, so is he :)

 Now, on with the show! Here is the list of participating blogs. Don't forget to leave some love at each stop.
1) Yapha Mason -- Design in Spreads
2) Paula Wright  -- Custom Sizes
3) Heidi Baks -- Project Size Conversion with Importing Templates of Other Sizes
4) Tanya Boser -- Calendar Effect
5) Adriana Benitez-- Mirror Text 

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Great projects! I love how easy it is to make calendars and yours are super cute!!

Paula said...

I have not played with this feature at all and didn't even realize it was available! Love it! Thanks for sharing all about it.

Heidi Baks said...

Love these ideas... I feel the need to go make a calendar now! LOL!

Betty said...

Fun ideas! You make it sound so easy. Very timely for creating gifts for the holidays too!

Adriana Benitez said...

I LOVE the calendar a la scrapbook page. How fun to make our own calendars and to be able to take scrapbooking skills to really personalize it. Thanks for the how-to and inspiration!

Debbi said...

Great projects Tanya! I've got a calendar in mind that I want to make and you've given me some inspiration.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

You know I love calenders! Great picture to add a calender to. I also love those little ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails