Sunday, April 7, 2013

Retiring Colors Blog Hop: Regal Rose


Welcome to our Hop through the retiring colors! Stampin' Up! announced on April 4th that there are 10 colors retiring to make room for a color refresh in the new annual catalog. Products in these colors are now only available while supplies last, and as an added bonus, April 6-8th, 2013- FREE SHIPPING on all non-expedited orders! No matter how big or how small. Time to stock up on a few things :)

And we at Stampin Addicts are here to help you think about these lovely colors before they go away forever.

I am the first stop in the hop, and I am featuring Regal Rose from the Brights collection. If you started somewhere in the middle, you may have just arrived from Betty's blog where she is featuring any and all of the retiring colors. Go Betty! You rock! All three of her cards are so darn cute!

And please excuse the quality of these pictures, I took them at 01:00am, while out of town. I did not have my usual lighting set up and I will take better ones when the sun comes up :) Fixed Now!


I did a little bit of collage work here and used a set that I bought a while ago but have not used. Bad Tanya! I also used a couple more of the retiring colors here. On the Regal Rose diecut, there are even some shimmery flowers stamped with the Illuminate ink. The centers of the big flowers are actually Primrose Petals. Don't Regal Rose and Primrose Petals inks complement each other well?! Why didn't I notice that before?
I think I should have added a mat under the white layer, maybe in Early Espresso. What do you think?
  • Stamps: Summer Silhouette, Wonderful Mother
  • Ink: River Rock, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Early Espresso, Primrose Petals, Illuminate
  • Paper: Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Apothecary Accents framelits, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine, dimensionals

 So, I only brought one sentiment set with me when I rushed to pack my stampin stuff before leaving town on Friday. I guess this will be a general card :) I like the slightly whimsical feel of this card.
  • Stamps: Serene Silhouettes
  • Ink: Regal Rose
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Print Poetry DSP
  • Other: Big Shot with Floral and Window Frames framlets and Cloudy Day embossing folder, Signo White gel pen, Festive Paper Piercing Pcak, Paper Piercer and Mat, dimensionals

 This last card was my favorite to stamp. I had gotten the Stippled Roses set this fall and it sat on the shelf neglected. But now that spring is coming (but not here yet- we just got more snow...) I feel justified in pulling out all the floral stuff! The Illumination ink makes an appearance here too. But my favorite part to stamp was the floral print on the Crumb Cake strip. I just love how it came together, even though I had to cover most of it up :)
  • Stamps: Stippled Roses
  • Ink: Regal Rose, Primrose Petals, Lucky Limeade, Illuminate
  • Paper: Naturals White, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Crumb Cake
  • Other: Big Shot with Ovals framelit and Fancy Fans embossing folder, Doily, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, White Baker's Twine, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals
Now, it is time to move on to stop #2, Yapha Mason with Pretty in Pink!

And don't worry, if you get lost along the way, here is a link to get you back on track.


Next Blog----->

<-----previous blog="" br="">

13 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

So lovely! I love this color with the Stippled Roses.

Heidi Baks said...

And BTW, that's awesome you could pull these projects together while out of town. I would never manage that!

Debbi said...

Wow, impressive work away from home Tanya! What a great Mother's Day card. I never thought to pair the floral framelits with the windows framelits. I'll be doing that in the future!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Lovely cards! Your layers are so beautiful. A great tribute to Regal Rose.

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards! I really love the Stipple Rose card. So sad to say good-bye to Regal Rose!

Paula said...

Beautiful projects Tanya! These are great projects featuring Regal Rose. I can't believe you did all of this while out of town.

Betty said...

So cheerful!! Just what is needed when the weather is not being nice! I am impressed you can think ahead and pack up supplies... I end up with half my craft room pulled out for one simple card!

Adriana Benitez said...

Wow, all of this and out of town? Awesome!
Fun design on the second card - almost looks like an envelope. And the vertical strip on the third card is so pretty. Guess you'll just have to make another one so you can show it off more ;)

Tina Adams said...

The cards are so pretty. I can't wait to try out some of the layouts. The colors, papers and layers are so pretty. Thank you for the beautiful cards.

Jen Timko said...

What a lovely job you did with Regal Rose! I, too, can't believe you could get this all done while away from home. Nice job!

Cindy said...

Love them all, but especially what you did with Summer Silhouette (which also has not seen ink at my house - bad Cindy!). Such a pretty combination of colors. I think I'll miss Regal Rose almost as much as Baja Breeze!

Twila said...

Tanya, beautiful cards, do you take all your stampin' stuff with you where ever you go? I'm going to miss Regal Rose, one of my favorites for sure.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful cards lady!! I am impressed you did it out of town too. Love the rose card and I just ordered that set too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails