Friday, August 9, 2013

SA Fall Blog Hop: Truly Grateful

Welcome to another round of fun and inspiration! I just love working with this bunch of ladies :) We have another heaping helping of ideas for fall projects using stamps and products from the new Holiday Mini! Fall is my favorite time of year, and fall temps have started a little early here in Northern Minnesota. I love a crisp morning and a high temp that barely reaches 70 :) It sure made it easy to be working on Fall stuff in August! OK, on to Blog Hop stuff. As usual, here is a link to the SA Hop Thread where you can find your way again if you get lost, or stop and chat a bit.  We also have a new Pinterest board just for this blog, and you can now follow Stampin' Addicts on Pinterest also. See, we are keeping up with the times ;)

If you are following along in order, you just arrived from Yapha's blog where she did a lovely job with Harvest of Thanks.  I am stop #5, right in the middle of the hop, and I will be sharing a few ideas for the Truly Grateful stamp set.

First up I have a pair of spinner cards, one with 2 layers of card stock and a wide slot, and the other using the Word Window punch and only one layer of card stock. They were both fun and easy, and I found myself just sitting there tipping the cards back and forth to watch the acorn spin across the card front. I know. I am easily amused :) Come back next week and I will show you how to make the wide slot with a circle punch and your paper trimmer.

Next I have this fun and informal set of napkin and utensil holders for any occasion really, although this is themed for Thanksgiving, or maybe a Hostess Appreciation party. There is also an insert to be pulled out and to write something you are thankful for. I envision a pretty bowl from, my eclectic stash of pretty dishes, sitting in the middle of the table where these inserts could be placed, then reading them as a family. I bet more than one would have a funny reason along with a serious one, haha! Details next week on how to make these.


I got a little silly with this one, but this idea has been in my head since I saw this set in the Holiday Mini. I just had to do it! The alphabet stamps are from the photopolymer set Designer Typeset which I love for making my own custom greetings.

My last project is a Thank You card, and it has a definite masculine feel to it. You know that it would be out of character for me to not have at least one card that is masculine in nature. Although I wouldn't have a problem receiving this card myself! Wait, I made it. I can pet it as much as I want before I share it with someone else :)

I hope I gave you some good ideas, and don't forget to come back often to see what else I get up to!

Now, hop on over to Rhonda's blog to see what she has cooked up with Halloween Hello!










Project recipes:

Acorn Spinner Cards:
Stamps: Truly Grateful, Four You, Lots of Thanks
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso
Paper: Naturals White, Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso, Coaster Board
Other: Signo white gel pen, Distress Tool, Word Window punch or PaperTrey Ink Movers and Shakers: Spinners die, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack 3/8" circle punch, ¾" and ½" circle punches, Paper Snips, dimensionals

Utensil Pockets and Thankful Cards:
Stamps: Truly Grateful 
Ink: Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Soft Sky, Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Naturals White, Baked Brown Sugar, Sweater Weather DSP, brown paper lunch bags
Other: Big Shot with Apothecary Accents framelits, Finishing Touches edgelits, and Expressions Thinlits dies, Wide oval punch, Paper Snips, sewing machine and thread, dimensionals, ecru crochet thread, mini clothespins

Hello Nut Card:
Stamps: Truly Grateful, Designer Typeset photopolymer stamps
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar card stock and Core'dinations, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot with Ovals framelits and Modern Mosaic embossing folder, Sanding Block, 1" Square punch, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Signo white gel pen, Corner Rounder punch, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread, Paper Snips

Truly Grateful Card:
Stamps: Truly Grateful
Ink: Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake,. Early Espresso
Paper: Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake,. Early Espresso Core'dinations
Other: Big Shot with Finishing Touches edgelits and Woodgrain embossing folder, Signo white gel pen,  Sanding Block, 7/8" Cotton ribbon, Neutrals and Regals Candy Dots, sewing machine and thread

13 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

Great projects!

Kim said...

LOL I could see myself sitting and playing with the spinner card too! Love all you've done with this set. It inspires me to get mine out and stamp something with it!

Heidi Baks said...

Love all your rustic projects.. very you! What a great idea for an acorn spinner!

Kathleen Brill-Myrice said...

Very cute ideas for this stamp set. The Hello Nut card is my favorite.

Tina Adams said...

Great ideas. Love the spinner card. The masculine card is really pretty. You are right, it is not just for guys. I love it.

Adriana Benitez said...

LOL - from one nut to another - LOVE IT!
Great projects as usual. Love the spinner cards, they are so fun!
I hope you and your family enjoy sharing funny and heartwarming memories :)

Yapha said...

These are fantastic! Those spinner cards are brilliant, definitely going to make them with my kids class this fall! And the nut card is hilarious!

Paula said...

Spinner cards are a favorite of mine. Love these. And the place setting envelopes are also fabulous!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

LOVE your spinner cards! The one nut to another is so fun...Beautiful work...

Debbi said...

Awesome projects, Tanya! The spinner cards are really fun and the "nut" card cracked me up.

Nanette said...

Tanya - great ideas! Thank you for the tip to use the Designer Typeset. I haven't ordered those yet nor the Expressions Thinlits! More items on the wishlist....... :)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

LOVE YOUR PROJECTS! the acorn spinners are perfect. I'd sit and pay with them! The masculine final card is my favorite--I love trees. Maybe that's from growing up in Wisconsin woods.

MaryR said...

gorgeous projects! I so love the thankful table notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails