Monday, November 11, 2013

Stampin Addicts MDS Seasonal Sale Blog Hop: Jingle Joy

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1650

Welcome to stop #3 on the hop! I hope you have been enjoying our little hop, and get lots of inspiration for your MDS adventures this season :) You don't want to miss out on any of the special deals.

Here is the general chat thread and your "map" for the blog hop in case you get lost (or go exploring, as my family likes to say, hehe!). And please leave a comment here, there, and everywhere! Let us know what we are doing right :)

If you are following along in order, then you just arrived from Yapha's blog where she made some lovely creations with Hanukkah Happiness. I am featuring the MDS download called Jingle Joy! It has so much potential for all kinds of things, not just Christmas!

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=132793



I will start off with a little Christmas, though. The sentiment is actually one of the embellishments in the kit, so I did not even have to use the coloring tool on MDS to make it mutlicolored! I printed the DSP and the sentiment image with my printer onto Whisper White card stock, which is a great option for your projects. The layout for this card came from this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.


How about a little winter! Here is a 12x12 page I created in MDS that I can have printed professionally. There is a sale going right now on the printing service, and I may actually have enough pages created to make it worth my while to have some printed. I love that there is no mess to clean up, and I can plat with the layout etc until my heart is content! The background paper on this page is recolored, it was originally Poppy Parade. And the snow drifts are the California punch from the Nifty Fifty download.

Here is another hybrid card using two more of the DSP patterns. I was able to re-size both prints (making the deer print smaller and the chevron print larger) then only printing a 3"x4" piece of each! Very little waste, and just the look I was going for! I really love this card, and I know just who I am going to send it too :)
I used the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge for this week for the layout of this card.

And this little tag was originally going to be on a card, but that idea did not pan out. So I made it into a gift tag. This was again a pre-colored embellishment from the digital kit and all I did was size it to fit in this die and print it off, then cut it out. I added the greeting from the Endless Wishes photopolymer set in Poppy Parade and Encore Gold ink. Then I punched out a little star from Gold Foil paper and glued that to the top. I am planning to print a pile of gift tags to cut out quickly for our Christmas gifts this year :)

That's all I have for you, but you really must hop on over to Kim's blog where she has a pile of Christmas joy waiting for you using the Season of Style pocket cards download!


http://stitchinnstampinonpaper.blogspot.com/2013/11/mds-seasonal-sale-blog-hop.html



http://yaphamason.com/



11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your holiday projects are wonderful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I just love your festive card and use of fabulous colours! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Heidi Baks said...

OMGosh, you are rocking these hybrid projects! I love, love it! I am so glad you picked this download, b/c I bought it too. What great ideas!!

Yapha said...

What great projects! Love how you printed out the DSP to use! And using California as snow drifts is just so clever! Way to show off this kit!!

Jen said...

What wonderful cards and pages! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Leigh Penner said...

Great projects!

Tina Adams said...

Excellent ideas. I love the mix of MDS and other elements. The Christmas tag is really sweet. Love the card where you resized the prints and printed small pieces for the card front.

Betty J. said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

madameplushbottom said...

You and Jamie deserve a medal of sorts for holding out 19 years without a snowblower. WOW!! Your projects are darling.

Quip1320 said...

These are all awesome projects and I love the colors on your card! Great take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the mix of papers and textures, and great colors, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails