Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Endless Wishes Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2014/12/stamp-review-crew-endless-wishes-edition.html

Yeah for another hop with the Stamp Review Crew! This is a very special hop for us as we started this adventure one year ago! And coincidentally, we featured a snowy set that time too :) I hope that you have found that we are getting even better with time.

If this is your very first visit, we are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that do a blog hop on the first and third Mondays of each month. Each hop features a different, and single, stamp set to give you fresh ideas and to show you just how much you can do with them. If I am your first stop, have no fear, you will not miss a thing as the hop goes full circle. If you get lost along the way, just click on the banner at the top to go to the official hop post and you will find links to all of the participants in this hop.

If you are following along in order, then you just arrived from Yapha Masons's blog, fantastic, right?!

Now, on to my projects. And I will be the first to admit that I went a little crazy making stuff for this hop.

 Some people have a thing flowers or butterflies, or llamas ;) Snowflakes are always a favorite of mine. I can't seem to pass up a snowflake set (or a leaf set for that matter, but that is another story, lol) to save my life. I don't get rid of them either! So of course I snapped this set up as soon as it came out last year.

For this card, I mounted the medium and small snowflakes on the same block and was able to ink them with the different inks and stamp at the same time. I got this tip from another stamper online, and I love it! Great time saver when you are making your own patterned paper, which I love to do :)

The circle is from Work of Art, and the little tiny star is from Wish Big, the July 2014 My Paper Pumpkin.  You can purchase this kit if you are a current My Paper Pumpkin subscriber and you missed the kit when it came out. There are several past kits and refills available to subscribers :)

The rhinestones are colored with Blendas. The shiny dots are Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in Moonlight and Silver Fox. SU used to carry it and I have 2 bottles of each color we carried because I love it so much.You can still get it in a variety of online places.

Here is a little peel inside. I did try to keep this card pretty flat for mailing.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 For this card, I took some watercolor paper and sponged it heavily with Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay, then spritzed with water to blend them a bit and create lighter speckles. This creates a wonderful night sky background. I dried it with my heat tool, and then stamped snowflakes in Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice. They did not show up as well as I had hoped they would, so I stamped them again with Silver Encore ink. Now that really popped! And with the Iridescent Ice shadows, wow! The vellum was stamped in Versamark, embossed once with Silver embossing powder, then sprinkled again while still hot with Iridescent Ice and heat set again. Gorgeous effect in real life. "Merry" was stamped in Silver Encore ink on Night of Navy paper, then trimmed to fit.

Some silver snowflakes, and a sentiment in Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay on the inside finish this off nicely.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



This time, I utilized one of the perks of using photopolymer stamps. Flipping the stamp over and stamping a solid shape of the image as a background for it! How awesome is that?!

The inside was treated with a pile of colorful snow also.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



That is all for me, now it is time to go see what Debra Burgin has in store for us!

http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/2014/11/30/stamp-review-crew-endless-wishes 

http://yaphamason.com/blog/2014/11/30/stamp-review-crew-endless-wishes-edition/


13 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow, what fun cards, Tanya! I love them all but especially the first one. The dots on the background with the snowflakes over them are stunning. I love how you did them inside as well. You have really showcased Endless Wishes this week!

Yapha said...

Fantastic projects, Tanya!! That first card is just spectacular. Thanks for all of your hard work on a year of fun hops!

WebDeb said...

Love the colors in your first card -- a beautiful DSP! The last card made me LOL, as I have done that "backwards" thing accidentally (and more than once). Your version doesn't look like a mistake, however ... very cool!

Rochelle Blok said...

I love all your cards Tanya! Just fantastic! I especially love the colours of the first project and the coloured rhinestones just finish off the card nicely!

Nancy Smith said...

Love your background paper - so cute! And the second card is drop-dead gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely wonderful cards, Tanya! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. I LOVE how you flipped the stamps over on the third card...so clever!

Jessica said...

Wow what great ideas. And beautiful cards! Thanks.

sue said...

Love that first card and really love that it is flat! Aqua always looks so fresh and current!

Dawn MacKay said...

I love how you carried over the snowflakes to the insides of your cards...very pretty!

Carol Carriveau said...

Great cards...but have to say that your last one took my heart and made it jump...love the way you created the night sky.....

Adriana Benitez said...

Wow, Tanya - fabulous cards! LOVE the background on the second one; can't wait to give that a try!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful pattern and love the layout of Card 1. Did you actually sew on Card 2? Love it! What a great way to fill the space with color on Card 3. You always have such great ideas!

nancycreative.com said...

These are such pretty cards, Tanya!n

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails