Sunday, November 1, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Lighthearted Leaves Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/11/stamp-review-crew-lighthearted-leaves.html
 OK, who adores Autumn more than any other season? Me!!! I am so happy with the cooler, but not cold, weather. The fantastic array of colors in the foliage around me, and the stunning quantity of garden goodness. And, of course, pumpkin everything! I don't participate in the lattes and shakes, but I do cook and bake all kinds of squash and pumpkin things in the fall. We are using the lovely Lighthearted Leaves set, which coordinates with the equally lovely Leaflets framelits. The framelits work with the Vintage Leaves set also. Double duty, yes!!!
And this stamp set has been patiently waiting for me to come and play with it. You may have noticed that my mojo has been on hiatus lately, not a whole lot of posting going on. What can I say, sometimes I just want to do other things-like bake :) Then I can come back to my craft renewed and refreshed. Or just full, lol! This is the perfect time for me to restart on Weight Watchers, right?! Totally did that this week. Here's to healthy and delicious eating. And this time, the hubs is doing it with me! Of course, he only needs to lose about 25 pounds, while I am aiming for about 70 pounds. Yes, I am a big girl :) OK, I can see someone needs to keep me on track!

If you are following along in order, you just arrived from Jessica Williams' blog. Fantastic, right?!


I am frequently reminded by my co-workers that the Sympathy section of my cards for sale is the fastest to be depleted, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to work on that! There is a lot going on in this card.
  • Gold embossing on the right and left portions of the card front base- it matches the sentiment perfectly!
  • Watercoloring on the 3¾"x5½" watercolor paper panel, but just on the right 2/3 of the panel.
  • Spatters of water over the watercoloring, then dabbed off to soften the look. 
  • Leaves stamped in Soft Suede over the watercoloring, leave stamp in place for about 5 seconds to let the ink absorb well. 
  • Emboss the left 1/3 of the panel with Boho Chic embossing folder.
  • Make a jumble of Gold Thread and tack it to the assembled card front with the sentiment oval and dimensionals. 
I think this card would look lovely without the sentiment and in a landscape presentation also.

Next I gave in to my current crafting obsession, these adorable little cafe style bags made with the Gift Bag punch board. More later about the how-to. I have been seriously wanting to color these leaves on watercolor paper. I found a single 9"x12" sheet of inexpensive 90lb watercolor paper in my stash, making it the perfect weight for making this box. Then I got to work! It took me about an hour to make this bag start to finish, and the vast majority of that time was painting, but I loved doing it!



Here is a more side view and with the bag open. This bag is sized perfectly to put a few candies and a gift card in. And the sparkly is from Wink of Stella. I hand drew a few berries on the label as I could not get any to stamp on the label without covering the sentiment :)

As to how to create this bag, I found a fantastic video tutorial done by Valerie Moody over in Warwickshire, which I believe is in the UK. She has a lovely Brit accent :) I am unsure of the etiquette for sharing someone's video tutorial on your blog, so I am awaiting a reply from Val to find out if she minds. In the mean time, here is a link to her video. Instructions begin at 1:40, for those that at patient like me ;)

The paper here is 6¾"x10" and I found some floral wire in my crafting stash, which is what I use in mine. Val is using a fine jewelry wire. I say use what you have :) I bet old twist ties from your bread bags would work too!


Edited to add: I have Val's blessing to post her video, so here it is, enjoy!!


OK, that's all I have for you and now it is time to float on over to Yapha Mason's blog to see what amazing things she has created!

http://yaphamason.com/blog/2015/11/01/stamp-review-crew-lighthearted-leaves-edition/

http://thepapercaper.com.au/2015/11/02/the-stamp-review-crew-features-lighthearted-leaves-2/


Product List

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your watercoloring with the leaves is fabulous for fall! I love the gold with it! And I love this set......transitions perfectly for Christmas as you demonstrated!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love that watercolored background too! It's perfect for all those gold embossed leaves and makes a wonderful sympathy card! I can't wait to watch the video for the gift bag, it's adorable. I don't know if I'll be as patient as you to color all those images though but they sure look great!

Yapha said...

Oh wow, Tanya, that first card is absolutely stunning! Your watercoloring combined with the leaves is amazing!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

You certainly know how to show how versatile this set is - gorgeous projects.

Jess said...

Gorgeous creations Tanya! I love the watercolouring on the card but my favourite is that cute gift bag! Just love that stamp and the wonderful clean look it brings. Thanks for sharing your projects :)

Rochelle Blok said...

Two fantastic creations Tanya! Love the watercolour wash look and that little gift bag is gorgeous! Rochellexo

Martha Inchley said...

Tanya, you creations are beautiful! I love seeing another Christmas Idea with this set! The christmas bag was definitely worth it's time, as it is stunning!

Mike said...

Love both of the projects for different reasons! The warm colors in the background adds such a beautiful touch, and the white space on the second project makes everything pop! Very clever!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love them both Tanya! So many gorgeous details on your card and the colours are stunning. What a cool little bag, the addition of wire for closure is very clever and the crisp white and lovely leaves is very striking, l thought it was dsp at first glance..:0)xx
Thanks for sharing the link to Vals tutorial, will so be giving it a go.

Sue Plote said...

Wow, Tonya! Two great projects. First...LOVE how you've combined our set with another set...and so beautifully! The water coloring/embossing details are perfect. And then..AAACK! Look at that little bag. Super coloring and perfect for the holidays. Thanks, too, for the tutorial. :)

rubberredneck said...

Gorgeous projects as always! I love the colors on the fall card so much. Good luck with weight watchers to you both.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails