Sunday, August 14, 2016

Stamp Review Crew: Jar of Love Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2016/05/stamp-review-crew-jar-of-love-edition.html
Stamp Review Crew time again, and this time we are featuring Jar of Love! It is such a cute set!! I have been so excited to use it, and can't wait to see what everyone creates :) At work, everyone has to ask me what I have in my lunch everyday because they love how my food looks in the various sizes of Mason jars I use to store it. I have found that these jars are the perfect way to store and transport my food, as they never leak and I can reheat food in the microwave quite easily. And I can always find a lid that fits :) So this set was a natural for me!

For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.

If you are following along in order, then you have just arrived from Yapha Mason's blog, pretty creative ideas, right?!

My creation this time is a card filled with happiness. Jars full of mostly summer goodies :) I remember catching bugs and minnows in jars, and why not some flowers? The water in the fishy jars is clear embossed, and the fireflies have Clear Wink of Stella on them. Here are the full instructions:
  1. Prepare a Thick Whisper White card base that is 4¼"x5½". Cut a piece of Sahara Sand to 4"x5¼".
  2. Stamp the 3 different sized jars in Sahara Sand ink all over the Sahara Sand Panel. 
  3. Stamp the goldfish in Pumpkin Pie. Stamp the water image over the goldfish with Versamark, then heat emboss with Clear embossing powder.
  4. The fireflies are stamped in Soft Suede and then colored in with Daffodil Delight and covered with Clear Wink of Stella.
  5. Then flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach and Pumpkin Pie, and Sweet Sugarplum. Stamp a jar inside the card base and fill with flowers also. 
  6. The center jar gets stamped with the twine image in Soft Suede.
  7. On a 4" wide piece of Vellum, stamp the sentiment in Versamark and heat emboss with Copper embossing powder, then trim the sentiment strip to the right width. It is easier to work with a large piece of vellum and trim it to a narrow strip after you have stamped the sentiment.
  8. Stitch the sentiment strip to the stamped panel and all the way around the panel. 
  9. Adhere the panel to the card front with dimensionals, or my favorite trick, with coasters trimmed to fit and a tape runner.  All Done!!

See the little bit of dimension on the front? And a peek at the inside.

One more look at the inside. I did stamp off once before stamping the jar image, or it would have been more crisp, and much darker.

That's it for me, I did not have time to play more with this set yet. So many goodies from this catalog, so little time! Speaking of time, it is time to head over to Jessica William's blog. She is going to wow you, I just know it!!

http://thepapercaper.com.au/2016/08/15/src_jol

http://yaphamason.com/blog/2016/08/14/stamp-review-crew-jar-of-love-edition/

If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.

And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)


Product List

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

So cute, Tanya! All those things are fun summertime activities! I love how you used Jar of Love to pull all those into one card. Great idea!

Yapha Mason said...

Great card, Tanya! I love how you filled the jars with all different kinds of happiness! Thanks for another great hop!

WebDeb said...

Summer Preserved -- love the concept!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you filled all your jars differently! And what a good idea for lunches!

Betty said...

Summer at it's best! Makes me want to go for a nature walk!

Nikki Spencer said...

I love that you have used so many of the images Tanya. It's such a fun idea. xx

Heidi Baks said...

How fun! I love how your card shows a variety of items to fill the jar with. And the vellum sentiment is perfect (with the stitching)!!

Michelle said...

Love your different jar fillings. I especially like the flower one.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love how you showcased three ideas to fill the jars on one card. The stitching is pretty cute too.

Kelly Kent said...

Your card fills me with happiness Tanya! Such happy colours and a great collage of the fun things that you can put in the jars! Kelly x

Mickey Roberts said...

Such a fun card, Tanya! I wouldn't have thought of printing multiple jars on the background like you did with all the fun "fillers". Very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails