Friday, September 8, 2017

Inking Autumn: Merry Cafe

Hello friends! September is well under way, and we are all in an extra crafty mood, when we can slip in some crafty time 😊
The Inky Friends, formerly known as the Stampin' Addicts, we have reincarnated ourselves as the Inky Friends. We are doing a blog hop once a month, with a different theme each time.
This month, we are featuring stamp sets from the Holiday Mini, and using them to create Autumn themed projects. This hop goes in a circle linking to each blog along the way. But if you get lost, or just want to see the complete blog roll, you can click on the banner at the top of this post, or click here.

If you are following along in order, you arrived from Yapha Mason's blog where she is featuring the Half Full stamp set.  I am featuring the Merry Cafe stamp set, so we are definitely on a beverage kick right now!
Merry Cafe from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini has loads of great images. Pumpkin Spice anyone? Tanya Boser for the Inky Friends blog hop
I did a little selective inking of the pumpkin spice image here, as I thought this wording sounded better. And what a surprise to find that the words were still nicely centered without cutting the stamp! And since pumpkin anything and sweater weather are practically one in the same, Cable Knit embossing folder came out to play again. More clear embossing on the Early Espresso panel, and the scallop edge is a die from Seasonal Layers.

Merry Cafe from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini has loads of great images. I made this Mini Treat bag with Apple Cider packets in mind! Tanya Boser for the Inky Friends blog hop
Moving from pumpkin spice, to apple cider! Here is a Mini Treat Bag cut from the Be Merry DSP, and a few dies and punches to create the label, Eastern Medallions for the doily, Pretty Label and Classic Label punches, and Stitched Shapes dies. Wow, 3 dies sets and 2 punches! Well, if you have it, you should really use it 😏 The "for you" is from Labels to Love.

Merry Cafe from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini has loads of great images. Clear embossing the little cups on the die cut cup adds a nice touch of gloss and texture, and makes for a nice fall masculine card.  Tanya Boser for the Inky Friends blog hop
Last up, another Cable Knit card featuring the Wood Textures DSP. I think that many of us can identify with this sentiment! But for me, it is tea 😊 I think this makes a nice masculine card, and fits right in with the Global Design Project ( #GDP103) challenge theme for this week!

I did some more clear embossing on Black cardstock with the steaming cup of coffee on this one. Can you see them? 

That's all I have for you today, but I am sure that I will be finding more projects to share using this stamp set 😉

And now let's go see what Sara Mattson-Blume has created for us with Wonderful Life! (I really wish I had this set already!)

http://www.lilyinkpad.com/2017/09/inking-autumn-blog-hop-wonderful-life.html

http://yaphamason.com/blog/2017/09/08/half-full-for-the-inky-friends/
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.

And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail 😇

Product List

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your use of the embossing folder - such a warm touch.

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute cards, Tanya! I love the sweater embossing folder with these. It is perfect for Fall!

Sharleen Luciano said...

Your cards are so cute. Love the stitching around the one card. Do you actually sew it with a machine? Clearly I dont sew. Very nice. TFS

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

If you have it, you should use it. For sure. Such a beautiful tag. Now, I need that eastern medallion set I avoided! The sweater folder is perfect for your card. I love it!

Betty said...

Love 'em! The Cable embossing folder sure makes these feel cozy!

Mickey Roberts said...

The cable knit embossing and wood textures sure make me think of Minnesota in the Fall (and Winter, too). Love the clear embossing, too. The mix of punches and dies on the treat bag is gorgeous!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Fantastic Fall Designs! I love the orange cable knit most, but they are all wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails