If you are following along in order, then you just arrived from Sara Mattson-Blume's blog where she did an amazing job with Always an Adventure.
I am featuring the stamp set Birthday Fiesta and the coordinating Fiesta Framelits. Llama stamps have been on the wishlist of many stampers for quite some time, and look at this adorable llama!!
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake to 4"x5¼", stamp the llamas in Versamark, and heat emboss with Copper embossing powder.
- Use Aqua-painter to color the llamas with Cajun Craze and Whisper White ink squeezed into the lid of your inkpads. The paint patterned llamas got a full coat of Whisper White, then the spots were added over the dried white in Cajun Craze.
- Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment in Copper on a 2¼"x4" piece of Vellum, use Banners framelits to dovetail the end. Stitch to the top left of the Crumb Cake panel.
- Stamp the llama image on the right side of the inside panel and heat emboss in Copper. Use Aqua-painter to color in with Cajun Craze.
- Adhere Crumb Cake panel to card front.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 4"x5¼". Stamp the flower garland in Versamark and heat emboss with Clear embossing powder to cover the panel.
- Tape the watercolor panel down to a board, apply a rainbow of colors with Stampin' Sponges. Spritz with water and heat set again. Remove from board.
- Stamp the cactus in Emerald Envy on matching cardstock, and the flowers in Peekaboo Peach on matching cardstock, die cut with matching framelits. Adhere flowers to the cactus with Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Add shimmer to flowers with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Wrap Gold Thread around cactus and use a little Fast Fuse to stick the ends of the thread to the back of the cactus.
- Cut a 1¼" strip of Vellum, stamp the Fiesta sentiment in Emerald Envy and Clear heat emboss. Flag the right end. Stitch to the watercolor panel.
- Cut dimensionals to fit on the back of the cactus and adhere to the vellum banner.
- For the inside of the card, use markers to ink up the flower garland in Peekaboo Peach, Crushed Curry, and Emerald Envy. Stamp at the top and bottom of the inside panel.
- Adhere the watercolor panel to the card front.
My fiesta is done, it is time to pack it up and hop on over to Yapha Mason's blog to see what she has made with Jar of Love!
Rainbow Cactus: Stampin' Royalty Challenge SR#335
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)