This is the card we made, although the designer paper is different. I ran out of Razzleberry Lemonade paper when I had to make extra cards after the club meeting, so this is the retired Juntos Designer Series paper from the 2008-09 Spanish SU Idea Book & Catalog. This flower pot card idea can be found all over the crafting sites and is really easy to make. Start with a 3 1/2" x 9" card base scored at 5 1/2" and 2" and go from there! I used the paper cutter to make the tapered sides by lining up the top corner under the pot lip in the cutting groove and the bottom corner on the 1/2" line to the right of the blade. I applied the DSP first and cut through all the layers at once, then flipped the top layers up holding it in place, and cutting a second time to get through the last layer.
The leaves are made by taking a long strip of cardstock 3/4"-1" wide, scoring down the middle and running it at an angle through the paper crimper. While it is still folded, cut out your leaf shapes. Presto! Instant textured leaf!
- Stamps: Messages for Mom
- Paper: Dusty Durango, Naturals White, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, and Patterned Paper (Juntos Designer Series paper, Razzleberry Lemonade paperfor the ones made at club)
- Ink: Soft Suede
- Other: Blossom Party die with Big Shot, paper crimper, paper cutter with scoring blade, taffeta ribbon, mini glue dots, Scallop Edge punch
And this is the Matchbox that we made for holding a little something for Mom. MAke sure you stamp your greeting before you fold your box up ;) The flower is created by taking 3 circles punched out of cardstock, roughing up until the paper starts to seperate into 2 layers, then peeling apart. Do this with all 3 circles. Pile on top of each other with the fuzzy sides all up, place on the mat pack foam pad, pierce through center. Then push a brad through the center and open the prongs on the back. Now pull each layer up individually around thr brad, scrunching up tight. Open back up until it looks like a flower. You can then color the edges of the petals with a marker.
- Stamps: Tres' Chic BG, Messages for Mom
- Paper: Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral
- Ink: Blush Blossom, Soft Suede
- Other: 1-1/4" Circle Punch, paper piercer with mat pack, brad, glue dots, Matchbox die with Big Shot, Sticky Strip, bone folder