Spotlighting technique. I don't have a MISTI, so I had to improvise a bit and plan for some wiggle room :) Here is how I did it:
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to 4¼"x11", score in half at 5½". This is the card base.
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake to 4"x5¼". Cut a piece of watercolor paper to about 1½"x4½".
- Stamp Rainbow on the watercolor piece with part of it off the bottom, use Archival Black ink. Color each letter a different color in rainbow order with an Aqua-painter: Real Red, Peekaboo Peach, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Dapper Denim, Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzleberry.
- Lay the watercolor panel down on the Crumb Cake panel where you want it to be. Ink up your image with Crumb Cake ink, then slide the watercolor panel up until you can stamp the image where the watercolor panel with overlay it, but you can still use the panel as a reference.
- Repeatedly stamp the rainbow image all over the Crumb Cake panel and alone the bottom edge of the inside of the card base.
- Lay the watercolored panel over the image you intend to spotlight and trim down to the right size, starting with the ends, and trimming the top down to just above the image. By leaving extra paper to begin with, it gives you wiggle room to adjust the angle and the centering of the image.
- Stamp the other pieces of the sentiment in Archival Black ink above and below the panel.
- Outline the Crumb Cake panel with a white gel pen or chalk pencil.
- Apply dimensionals to the back of the water color panel and adhere to the Crumb Cake panel. Then apply dimensionals to the back go the completed panel and adhere to the cardfront. (I am still using coasters for all of this). All done!
Have you tried the spotlight technique? I think it has a lovely and dramatic feel!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)