I am featuring Funky Four, which is so darn cute, I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it! It reminds me of my daughter, who loves to photograph mushrooms, and loves all things hippie! I love how it is just enough cute, and still kind of earthy....it also reminds me of all the Earth-friendly themed stuff out there. So many applications for this!
My first 2 projects are a magnetic fridge notepad and a 12x12 scrapbook page.
In keeping with the whole Earth-friendly theme here, I made the notepad out of all those pages leftover in a notebook at the end of the school year and cut them down to 3-1/2" x 10-1/2". I then perforated the top with the cutter kit and stapled them together. I stamped the leaf image all over the Tangerine Tango paper. I even added ribbon loops on the bottom to hold a pen or pencil! The little butterfly is sponged with Shimmer paint for a little extra shimmer, and there are rhinestones in the centers of the flowers. Don't forget, you can click on the picture to enlarge it!
- Stamps: Funky Four
- Paper: Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White
- Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizazz, Early Espresso
- Other: Clearlits Scallop Rectangle and Beautiful Wings Embosslit with Big Shot, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Basic Rhinestones, Pear Pizazz stitched polytwill ribbon, magnet sheets, Sticky Strip.
The 12x12 page is of my daughter a few years ago, I think 2008. She loved to go out to into the woods around our house and take lots of pictures, and she took these of herself! You can't see them very well in this pic of the page, but they are wonderful in real life :) I had a lot of fun altering the Paper Daisies and making my own embellishments for this page. Lots of watercoloring . I used a lot of the new embellishments from this catalog. We have a ton of fabulous new ones to chose from this year. I water colored the Paper Daisies and the water color paper I used for the smaller butterfly layered on the cork and the Modern Label punches, also from water color paper. I then spritzed all of the embellishments with Smooch Spritz , then layered on the brads and button. The prongs of the brad fit right thru the holes in the button! I sponged the Shimmer Paint on the Garden Green strip and around the edges of the page, but I also sponged some Soft Suede around the edges too. The little mushrooms across the bottom fit just perfectly with the whole mood I was trying to create with this page...
- Stamps: Funky Four
- Paper: River Rock, Garden Green, Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede, Water Color paper
- Ink: River Rock, Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede
- Other: Scallop Edge punch, Scallop Trim border punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Victoria crochet trim, Basic Pearls, Cork, Paper Daisies, Vintage Brads, Old Olive button from Brights Designer Buttons assortment, Beautiful Butterflies die with Big Shot, Aquapainter with Pear Pizazz and Soft Suede reinkers, Gold Smooch Spritz, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Modern Label punch
Here is another Reuse project! I found a great deal on cherries at the store the other day, and I was looking at the container that they came in and thought "This would make a really cute gift container!" So I took 1 sheet of tissue paper and cut it into 4 pieces, then I stamped the mushrooms all over them in Blushing Bride and Pear Pizazz. Then I made the top decoration. I think it is adorable!! I just found out on Saturday that I am an auntie again, but not to a girl. I may have to change the colors and put some cute onsies or something in one of these :) I forgot to take another picture before this post after I added a little Basic Pearl to the flower in the pink mushroom :(
- Stamps: Funky Four, Tiny Tags
- Paper: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, tissue paper
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede
- Other: Blushing Bride Stitched Poly-twill ribbon, Basic Pearls, Stampin Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
And last is the birthday card I made. I really love this card.... I think it is destined for one of the many birthdays coming up in my family in the next couple weeks... Don't you love how well the River Rock paper takes other colored inks?! I made the spots with sponge daubers, realizing too late that one of them is not from Stampin Up and is slightly smaller than the rest, but I think it is still cool! The little sparkles falling from the tree remind me of birthday wishes :)
- Stamps: Funky Four, Occasional Quotes
- Paper: Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze (textured), So Saffron, River Rock
- Ink: Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, So Saffron
- Other: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Poppy Parade Stitched Poly-Twill ribbon, Paper Piercer, Signo white gel pen, Stampin Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones, Sticky Strip
Your next stop on the tour will be Debra Burgin's blog featuring Ornate Blossom. More wonderful projects coming your way!
Next Blog --------------->