Monday, November 30, 2009
Ok, I was having fun experimenting with an Idea I had. I used the Ornament punch to create some wall vinyl that I then put on my deck door. No, we don't have snow yet, and I am surprised too! Amyway, I used a few different dies and punches to add detail to the ornaments and layered Chocolate Chip vinyl onto the Whisper White. I think it looks great! I will have to try layering the Whisper White onto the Choc Chip next. I don't have any other colors of vinyl, yet. :)
I used the Merry Details Sizzlit for the bird, and the Swirls Sizzlet fothe the swirls (duh!).
The snowflake and trees are also from Merry Details. Just love how these turned out! I think I will be making some of these for work also!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Here is a glass vase that I decorated for the holiday seasons. First I used the Holiday Mix Decor Elements from the Holiday Mini and put JOY on the side, then I wrapped ribbon and a stamped strip of paper around the top. I can change this for Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Winter, Spring, etc! I will post my other versions of this as I make them.
- Stamps: Grateful Greetings, Autumn Days
- Paper: Naturals Ivory
- Ink: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, More Mustard
- Other: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain and Old Olive taffeta (from Mistletoe Ribbon Originals) and Gold Elastic Cord, Sticky Strip, gold brads, Decor Elements Holiday Mix in Chocolate Chip.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
There is a huge sale this week only at Stampin Up! You can check it out and order here
There are great bundles and individual products 30, 40 and even 50% off now thru November 30th. Go check it out.
Here are a few examples:
|Animal Crackers Bundle||120282|
Catalog Price : $25.90
The recipient of this bundle will certainly "quack" up when she sees the adorable animals in the Animal Crackers stamp set. Bundle also contains Star Designer brads and is 50% off its retail value!
|Corduroy Button Bundle||120283|
| Catalog Price : $49.75|
Nothing says "Merry Christmas" quite like corduroy. Now you can say it five times with the Corduroy Button Bundle containing buttons in Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Basic Gray, and Chocolate Chip. Bundle is 50% off its retail value!
|Four Square Bundle||120285|
| Catalog Price : $30.90|
Remembering playing Four Square as a kid? That's not what this bundle is about--but it's still loads of fun! Get the Four Square stamp set and Scallop Square punch at 50% off their retail value!
|Christmas Decor Elements Bundle #1||120927|
| Catalog Price : $74.85|
Decorating for the holidays is easy with the Christmas Décor Bundle, containing a Kraft and Real Red Holly Berry Wreath, and Real Red and Chocolate Vintage Ornaments--all 40% off!
| Catalog Price : $47.73|
You can never have enough striped ribbon, which is why we've put together the Striped Ribbon Bundle. This bundle contains 1/2" striped grosgrain ribbon in Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Real Red--plus, it's 30% off it
|Pendant Note Bundle||120304|
| Catalog Price : $67.90|
Make beautiful creations with the Pendant Note Bundle. The bundle--30% off its retail value--contains the Pendant Park stamp set, Pendant notes, and 5/8" Neutrals Jumbo brads.
These are just a few of the great deals. And this one is while supplies last until November 30th
|Ultimate Stampers Starter Kit||120289|
| Catalog Price : $127.70|
THIS BUNDLE IS ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Want to stamp but don't know where to start? We've got your Ultimate Stampers' Starter Bundle right here! Containing Best Wishes & More, Eight Great Greetings, and On a Pedestal stamp sets, plus Earth Elements Stampin’ Spots, Earth Elements assorted card stock (8-1/2” x 11”), Whisper White card stock (8-1/2” x 11”), Old Olive 1/2" striped grosgrain ribbon, and Flower Designer brads, you'll be in stamping heaven--all for 40% off the retail value!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
I made the tealight with this design and then thought it would be a good design for a pillar! And lasts longer too ;) The paper strips are glue to each other but not the candle so you can easily remove the decoration when needed. You might even be able to slip it onto another candle. Hmmm.... going to have to try that! I couldn't resist using some of our retired Choc Chic 1" satin ribbon from last year. I'm glad I stocked up and hoarded this stuff! I should have enough to last me for YEARS. I think I bought 6 rolls, shhh don't tell my hubby! Isn't it cool how close the color of this mulled cider candle is to our More Mustard?!
- Stamps: Grateful Greetings, Autumn Days
- Paper: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie
- Other, Distressing tool on Cutter Kit, Chc Chip 1" satin ribbon, Gold Elastic Cord, Sticky Strip, pillar candle (mulled cider, yummy!)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Ok, this is a CASE of Jennifer Picard's card here. I changed just a few things but I love how it turned out. This was something I was going to do with club for October, but tying the linen thread to the ribbon was way to putsy to do with a big group, lol! You may have also noticed that I have been using alot of the Naturals Ivory cardstock lately. I love that it is so heavy and makes a great card base, but I also think it has a very rich look to it. Try it sometime, you'll love it too!
- Stamps: Woodgrain BG, Autumn Splendor, Grateful Greetings
- Paper: Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede
- Ink: Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
- Other: Dusty Durango polka dot ribbon, Linen thread, wood sheets, 1-1/4" circle punch, 1/16" punch, gold brad, dimensionals, bone folder, Soft Suede marker, distressing tool on the Cutter Kit
Let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all!
Friday, November 20, 2009
This is another card I did for a swap. As you can see, I am still addicted to the Shimmer Paints. I just love the bling you get with that stuff! Remember, it's only available until January 4th, and it is one of those things that they may say, while supplies last after mid December. Ok, enough of that, on to the card! There are tons of layers on this card. I didn't mean for that to happen, I kept adding more! I got to use the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder, and figured out that the little triple snowflake stamp works well with the Boho Blossoms punch! And don't you think purple, or Rich Razzleberry in the case, is a wonderful color for Christmas?!It's hard to see in the picture, but I stamped Champagne Mist snowflakes all over the ivory paper and sponged the edges with it to. I made my own DSP for this card also. Used markers to ink the Santa, sliegh, and reindeer stamp which made it look so much better than just all one color. I popped up the main image layers on dimensionals also. Hope you like it!
- Stamps: Wandering Words, Serene Snowflakes
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory
- Ink: Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry
- Other: Petals-A-Plenty impressions folder with Big Shot, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon, clear rhinestone brad, 1/2" and 1" circle and Boho Blossoms punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, dimensionals
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Still loving the Cold &Cuddly set! And I found a new-to-me fold called the Side-Step. I love how you can put a picture in this card! I found the original directions from Julie Davidson, but I tweaked it a bit.
- Stamps: Cold and Cuddly, Four the Holidays
- Paper: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
- Other: Paper cutter with scoring blade, bone folder, Jumbo Snowflake punch, snowflake die and Big Shot, Scallop Edge punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Signo white gel pen
- You start with a 5-1/2"x8-1/2" piece of cardstock.
- Put in paper cutter with the 5-1/2" side at the top. Line edge up with the 3-1/4" line and cut down starting at 1" and ending at 6-3/8".
- Turn paper 180 degrees and score all the way across at 4-1/4". Then score from the edge to the cut line on the wider section at 1", 2", 3-1/8", & 6-3/8"
- Fold and crease well as shown above.
- Decorate as desired.
We are making this at club tonight, and if the response I got at work is anything to go by, this is going to be a hit! It would make a great centerpiece on the table, and a lovely gift to the hostess of any dinner party.
- Stamps: Best Wishes & More
- Paper: More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory, tissue paper
- Ink: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
- Other: paper cutter with scoring blade, Sticky Strip, Heat gun, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1/16" punch, tea lights, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with sponge, gold brads, Gold Elastic Cord, dimensionals
Here is a diagram of the pieces to make the box.
- The box starts as a 3-3/4x8-1/4" piece.
- Your longest score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 2-5/8", & 3-1/4"
- Your short score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 7-1/8", & 7-3/4"
- Cut out the shaded areas and on the cut line to make flaps.
- Decorate box as desired.
- Crease all folds well with bone folder.
- Apply sticky strip to the 4 outer most sections and assemble to box.
- The box cover is made from a 5x6" piece.
- Score lines will be 6" long at 5/8", 2-1/4", 2-7/8", & 4-1/2".
- Crease folds well with bone folder and put sticky strip on one edge flap.
- Decorate top as desired.
- Peel the sticky strip and wrap cover around box, adhere flaps together.
- Fold a piece of tissue paper into 4 layers, and sandwich between 2 layers of copy paper. Puch out your 1-3/8" circles. Leave between the copy paper layers and punch 3 times ine the center with the 1/16" punch to make a hole big enough for the wick to fit thru.
- Stamp tissue paper with desired images.
- Slide tissue paper over the wick onto top of the tealight.
- Put tealight down! Do not hold for this step. Heat top of tea light with heat gun until the tissue paper melts into the wax. All done!
Here is another set I made with the same theme and color scheme. Now I want to see what you all come up with! Post a comment with a link to yours so we can all see!
So this is the third project we did last month. I know, it's time for another club meeting already! I also posted a very similar card last month, I just changed it a little bit. I used a different texture plate (the other one wasn't Stampin Up!) and decided to use the polka dot side of the Dusty Durango ribbon. Otherwise pretty much the same card as here.
- Stamps: Autumn Splendor, Grateful Greetings
- Paper: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Naturals Ivory
- Ink: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry
- Other: Distressed texture plate with Big Shot, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Wide Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Dusty Durango polka dot ribbon, dimensionals
Monday, November 16, 2009
- Stamps: Autumn Days
- Paper: More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Whisper White, Good Morning Sunshine DSP (retired)
- Ink:More Mustard, Old Olive, Really Rust
- Other: Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, 1-1/4", 1", and 3/4" circle punches, Whisper White Jumbo Grommet, Bone Floder, mat pack, Lattice die with Big Shot
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Ok, I'll try to get back on track. I just got caught up in reading, which was my very first addiction ;)
This cute little gut holds a packet of cocoa or apple cider or I'm sure a lot of other things, lol! You just tuck it in at the top. This card is held together with 2 staples in each side, Another quick and easy card/gift. We all got to use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (SAMJ) and learn what an awesomely easy to use tool it is, and how fun it is to mask images. For sets like this, I like to make a permanent image sheet (a piece of vellum cardstock) for the SAMJ and masks and keep them in the box with the set. It saves a lot of time. On to the recipe and the instructions!
- Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Cold & Cuddly
- Paper: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Sahara Sand
- Other: SAMJ, Signo white gel pen, Chocolate Ship marker, Jumbo Snowflake and Small Oval punches, paper piercer and silver brad, dimensional, staples and stapler, paper cutter with scoring blade
- Cut a piece of Close to Cocoa to 4x10", score at 5-1/2" and fold. Cut a Ruby Red 3-3/16" square. Cut a Whisper White 3" square. Punch out a Sahara Sand Jumbo Snowflake.
- Stamp snowflake image all over card base in Close to Cocoa.
- Stamp a polar bear on a scrap of paper and cut out, this is your mask.
- Stamp a polar bear in Sahara Sand on the Whisper white square using the SAMJ, just off to the right slightly.
- Place polar bear mask over it. Now place your image sheet with the ice flow over the bear image as desired and use SAMJ again to stamp the ice flow in Choc Chip.
- Repeat process with a Ruby Red hat.
- You can now remove the mask, and use the SAMJ to stamp a Ruby Red mug.
- Ink Edges of Whisper White square with Sahara Sand. Ink edges of Ruby Red with Close to Cocoa. Ink edges of card base with Close to Cocoa.
- Adhere the Whisper White layer to the Ruby Red layer, then adhere to the card base as shown in pic above.
- Use white gel pen and Choc Chip marker to make the faux stitching as shown.
- Open card up and lay on the spongy mat pack piece, place the Snowflake punch as shown and pierce thru all layers. Leave on the spongy piece and push the silver brad thru the hole. Then pick up card and open the prongs of the brad.
- On a scrap of Whisper White, stamp the phrase in Close to Cocoa, then punch out with Small Oval punch. Ink edges with Choc Chip marker.
- Apply oval to card with dimensionals.
- With card closed, staple at the top and mid way down on each side, about 1/8" from the edge.
- Write your message on the back, then insert to treat in the front. All done!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wow! More cupcakes, right! I was on a cupcake kick for a little whil;e there. I think I just needed a break from the Halloween stuff. That and my daughter had a birthday coming up (Oct 29- Happy Birthday again, Chicklet!)
This is another 3x3 Love Note card. This is a really fun size to work with. I stamped the on the cardbase with Frost White Shimmer Paint and used Rose Red and Close to Cocoa ink and a blender pen to color the cupcakes. The DSP is the retired Loves Me paper you can get on the Clearance Rack. The ribbon is from the retired Ribbon Originals Flirty that you can also get on the Clearance rack (it coordinates perfectly with the Loves Me paper!)
- Stamps: Birthday Bliss, Crazy for Cupcakes
- Paper: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Rose Red Love Note, Loves Me designer series paper
- Ink: Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip
- Other: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Choc Chip ribbon from Ribbon Originals Flirty, Signo white gel pen, blender pen, Choc Chip marker
This is one of the swaps I made for Chipper's Christmas card swap. I made two :) I am in love with the Shimmer Paints! As of mid October, I used half of each bottle already! I also mixed Soft Suede reinker with Champagne Mist shimmer paint (1 drop reinker to about 3 drops of shimmer paint) and used a sponge dauber to apply the mixture to the polar bear stamp. There is shimmer paint all over this card, lol! I stamped a snowflake all over the cardfront with Champagne Mist shimmer paint too.
- Stamps: Cold & Cuddly, Serene Snowflakes
- Paper: Real Red, Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede
- Ink: Soft Suede, Real Red
- Other: Champagne Mist shimmer paint and sponge daubers, Soft Suede polka dot ribbon, Scallop Oval, Large Oval , and Small Oval pinches, Petals-A-Plenty Impressions folder with Big Shot, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, dimensionals