Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lacey Hearts Swap card and Day 5 in Utah!


Wow this is my last day in Utah. We fly home tomorrow morning. It always goes so fast!! I still have a ton of pictures to take and one more day of classes and general session to enjoy though :) I had some wonderful classes yesterday and learned some cool new tricks to show you all!! Yesterday I did have leave convention for lunch as they were serving a strawberry salad....bad news for Tanya! My lips have started to swell just being near strawberries the last couple of months. I know, crazy!! So my hubby and I went out to the Gateway Mall and ate at Thaifoon, just yummy!! Then back to convention I went..about 2 hours after lunch was done to avoid the strawberry fumes, lol. I ran over to Momento Mall so I could do a little shopping for my convention buddy, Holly (aka hollylogic on SA). Of course I ended up buying more stuff for myself too!
That evening we went out to eat with the SA girls again, and James too, at Tucanos Brazilian Grill. OMG. Awesome! It is n all you can eat place and they make about 17 different grilled meats that they just keep bringing to the table on ginormous skewers until you tell them to stop! More laughter, more fun!
Ok, maybe you want to see more about the card and maybe a couple pictures of the displays ;)
This was my prototype. Loved it. But is needed some more doilies!!

This is what my final version looks like. The hearts have a layer of Lace Ribbon Border punch on top. I just punched hearts out of it and glued them to the tops of the hearts. Now, you wouldn't have to do FIVE of them on a card. The Cherry Cobbler strip is embossed with Perfect Polka Dots and popped up on dimensonals, as are the hearts.
  • Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Word Play
  • Paper: Naturals White, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Craft White, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip
  • Other: Lace Ribbob Border punch, Small Heart punch, Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots EF, Corner Rounder punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Stampin Dimensionals
Ok, and some display pics....Enjoy!



6 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for sharing the Convention pics! Love the card - gluing on the punched lace ribbon hearts looks like too much work to me, lol.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card! Very ingenious how you put the doily pieces on top of the hearts, too!

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card! The lace border punch on the hearts is beautiful and brilliant! Thanks for the display pictures too!

Anonymous said...

OH, gorgeous card. Love the white details, they really stand out!

Heidi Baks said...

Very cool swap card!

Mickey Roberts said...

I received your card at Kim's swap during the SA Meet & Greet and it's so lovely! My upline had a sharing night last week for the convention goers to share their swaps and your card was a huge hit! All the little details make the difference!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails