Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hearts & Snowflakes

I saw some cute Valentine's banners today while pottering around on my newest obsession, Pinterest. You girls have created a monster!! You all know who I mean. My family of stampin friends is a wonderful source of joy....and new ways to waste time, lol! Seriously though, if you haven't tried Pinterest yet, you need to go check it out. It is like having a favorites button for the whole internet!! Love it!


Now, I realize this pic is a little yellow. Sorry, couldn't get that fixed with my humble Photoshop skills. But, I thought I would share with you how I made this beauty. It is NOT Glimmer Paper. It is Poppy Parade with Romance Red glitter (retired) applied with Versamark and Heat & Stick powder on both sides!! This was the first time I used the Heat  Stick powder with a satisfactory result. I think I was trying to do too fine a detail work before, but it works fab like this!


This is simply the First Edition DSP die cut with two of the Heart Framelits. Fun way to use up some scraps and I just can't get enough of this paper :)  It is dangling on some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and held on the string with a Mini Clothespin.


This is my favorite part of this little banner. I used some of the brown packing paper that comes in my shipments from SU and die cut it with the biggest Heart Framelit. Them I stamped it up and outlined it!
  • Stamps: Distressed Dots BG, I (Heart) Hearts, PS I Love You
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride
  • Other: Big Shot with Hearts Framelits and Snowflake die, Signo white gel pen, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Mini Clothespins

One more fun pic of the banner. Loving this, even if I did hang it up a little early :) We have actually been going through a rough spot with our daughter. She is dealing with some heavy issues, and hit bottom over the holidays and is getting the help she needs. Actually making some wise choices again! She is a beautiful young woman and has a personality as big as the world. She can warm the heart of a scrooge! Yeah for my girl! I felt the need to "show a little love" today, so here it is :)

9 comments:

Yapha said...

What a fantastic banner!! I especially love the packing paper hearts! Best wishes to your daughter. I hope things get easier.

Katherine said...

Adorable - hope you don't mind if I case it! It's too cute to let it get by, and I needed a Valentine Banner!

Paula said...

Love this! I pinned it so I could remember it. :)

Jen Timko said...

This is fantastic! And you are right about Pinterest! I see this one pinned a lot!

Mickey Roberts said...

Prayers for strenth to your daughter and your family. So glad things are improving. Love the banner; especially the brown paper heart.

Shelley Z said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's dealings. Your banner is a perfect pick-me-up! Good job, Mama!

Anonymous said...

TFS for the banner. I could use one myself!

Heidi Baks said...

You are killing me with this! I want to go make some Valentine's decor right now! Hugs to your daughter.

Carmen said...

LOVE it! I'll have to pin this later when I am on my real computer! I hope Ben and his team make an andriod app soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails