Thursday, June 21, 2012

Birds and Branches


This is the last of the Blog Hop projects, and it is the one I chose to use for a swap I participated in recently. I am hoping that everyone has their swaps by the time this is posted :) And boy-howdy, did my Big Shot get a workout with this card!


This card has many layers and lots of sponging. I made 12 of these, and I should have thought about this a little more as it took me 5 hours to make them and I started at 7pm the night before they had to be mailed! I was a little short on sleep the next day at work, but the cards were done and in the mailbox by 1am, lol!
The card base is Naturals White, then there is a layer of Very Vanilla type-print DSP from the Neutrals DSP pack. I sponged the edges and corners with River Rock ink and stamped the birds and branches image in River rock in the lower left corner. I also distressed the edges and inked them with the River Rock inkpad. Of course, I outlined with white gel pen :)
All of the other layers of this card were sponged with River Rock and edges inked with a Soft Suede marker.
For the banner, I used a ½" strip of River Rock and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso. I also took a ¾" of Naturals White and die cut it with the Finishing Touches edglelit, then glued this to the bottom edge of the River Rock strip. Next I used a 1" Square punch to make the dovetails.  Then I paper piercer faux stitches and added white gel pen thread.

I could go on with all the steps, but I don't think there were any tips or techniques that would be helpful to list :) I hope everyone who gets one of these is at least half as pleased with it as I am!


Inside is more sponging and the birds and branches again. Can't forget the white gel pen outline, which shows up nicely with the River Rock sponging :)

  • Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Apothecary Art, Petite Pairs
  • Ink: River Rock, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
  • Paper: Naturals White, River Rock, Neutrals DSP pack
  • Other: Big Shot with Apothecary Accents framelits and Finishing Touches edgelits, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack with Paper Piercer and Piercing Mat, Sponge, Signo white gel pen, Pearls Basic Jewels, Vintage Faceted buttons, Naturals designer buttons, Stampin' Dimensionals, White Baker's Twine, Glue Dots

6 comments:

Mickey Roberts said...

So beautiful! Love all the special touches that make this card so lovely.

Carmen said...

Beautiful .. simple and stunning!

Yapha said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the paper piercing and pearls!

Katherine said...

This stamp set is on my wish list for sure - I love all the new products you used here. I finally used one of those awesome vintage buttons on a card myself today!

Paula said...

I have this one too. :) Beautiful!

Jeannie said...

Tanya, LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this card! I had to get the stamp set and then was lost for ideas. I'm going to CASE it for my open house on Tuesday to show off the stamp set and the Apothecary Accents! Since I love everything about it, I'll probably not change a thing! I'll give credit on my blog when I finally post it! Thanks so much! p.s. Never use the Neutrals stack so I love how you incorporated that too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails