Tuesday, September 18, 2012

That Old Green Truck.....Again!


So, what do you think? Can we ever use this image too much? I don't think so! I was trying to make a pile of cards this weekend for Operation Write Home and was not feeling very inspired. I am going to let you in on a little secret, I hadn't stamped a single thing from about August 10th thru Sept 14th! I was just not feeling it, and sometimes I just need to focus on other passions in my life. But, I was getting the itch for inky fingers again and needed to get the juices flowing again. So I decided to CAS myself a bit! I dug through my samples and found some stuff I could change up a bit and got to work :)


The inspiration for this card is found in this post. I changed up the colors trying to use colors I haven't used in a while and in the process figured out what colors I needed to reorder ;)
  • Stamps: Countryside, Gently Falling
  • Ink: Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Crumb Cake, Stazon Jet Black
  • Paper: Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Watercolor paper
  • Other: Big Shot with Woodgrain EF, Ovals bigz die, and Apothecary Accents framelits, Signo white gel pen, Wild Wasabi ¼" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Silver Mini Brads, Aquapainters, dimensionals, paper piercer

And a simple River Rock truck inside on Very Vanilla. This makes it easier for a soldier to write visibly with a pen or pencil even if they have to use the sand as their table :)


4 comments:

littlebitoftoto said...

Great card, went to a Hero's card making event this weekend...made lots of cards for them..including Hero cards...love this organization!

Yapha said...

Awesome card! Love the textures! You rock that truck -- you could never use it too much!!

Paula said...

I didn't stamp much in August or the first part of September either. Love how you used the leaf stamp for the background on this.

Mickey Roberts said...

I like all the layers of details on this card, Tanya. A perfect card for our heros. Thanks so much for donating your time to this worthy cause.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails