Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Birthday in Motion

Time for a little masculine stuff. And the perfect time to pull out a new addition to my ever-growing collection of stamps! I am going to have to start thinning the herd again, as painful as that can be...
I needed a good birthday card for my nephew who turned 12, I think, this month. He loves all the big-boy toys, and so does his father, my brother. I thought this might fit the bill :)

 Lots of bold colors and texture. No frills, but lots of details. I think I am happy with this card, even if it is a bit busy. I made a few extras to send to Operation Write Home. I hear they always need masculine themed cards, as I know a lot of people struggle with masculine cards.
  • Stamps: Need for Speed
  • Ink: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple, Basic Gray
  • Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple, Basic Gray
  • Other: Big Shot with Woodgrain, Chevrons, and Houndstooth embossing folders, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals
 So, what do you think? Too busy, or just right?


4 comments:

Yapha said...

Great masculine card! I love the colors and the mix of textures!

Paper Art Garden said...

I dont think it is too busy at all. Boys age 12 are busy. I think he is going to love it.

Katherine said...

What a great card for a boy. I think it's just right and not too busy!

Paula said...

Just right! Love the colors and the textures and the layout. Fabulous card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails