Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Stampin' Addicts SAB Blog Hop: Blendabilities

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/general-stampin-talk/9553-sale-bration-blog-hop-january-2-2015-a.html

Welcome! We are so happy to share with you the goodies in this year's SAB selection! There are so many great things to get during this wonderful time of the year :) Remember, SAB starts on January 6th, so start making those lists.

If you are following along in order, then you just came from Holly Krautkremer's blog where she featured the stamp set A Happy Thing, and a wonderful job she did too!If you get lost, or just want to chat with your fellow hoppers, just click on the banner at the top of this post and it will take you to the official chat thread with the master list of bloggers.

I am the last stop on this hop, which means I am featuring the only thing in this SAB catalog that will still be available after SAB ends. BUT, it sure gives you a way to fill out your Blendas collection. I am going to show you several techniques or uses for the Blendas.

Here is a lunch bag treat bag with several uses for Blendabilities. I used the Pumpkin Pie set on this project. Let's start at the top:
  1. Color your Washi tape! I took a strip of the gold striped Washi and stuck it lightly to a piece of paper and colored it with the lightest Blenda, then stuck it to the bag.
  2. The rectangle was colored in an Ombre pattern with dark at the top, then I used the Color Lifter pen to make the polka dots. 
  3. Lastly, I did another Ombre effect on a small piece of white cardstock, then stamped the animal print heart from Groovy Love in Gold Encore ink. After the ink dried, I punched out the heart.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Next up is this card insert for a Project Life layout. This is a 4x6 card. There are 2, maybe 3, techniques, depending how you count them :)
  1. I don't have this DSP pack, but I do have the digital version. So I printed it on Whisper white. To add color to the paper, I found a piece of plastic packaging and scribbled the Medium Daffodil, Wasabi, and Crumb Cake Blendas all over it, then spritzed with rubbing alcohol. Then laid the DSP over the top of the mess. Slickety-do-da! There are splotched and speckles, all in one step. Just clean the plastic with a paper towel and some alcohol.
  2. Alternately, you can color directly on the DSP with the Blendas for a more vibrant color. 
  3. Then I scribbled the darkest Daffodil onto the plastic, pour some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top of the scribbles, and spritz or add a few drops of alcohol to it. Then set aside to dry. After it was dry, I put a stripe of Sticky Strip down on the project, then poured the colored glitter off the plastic onto the project, pressing it firmly onto the Sticky Strip. Ta-Da! Custom colored glitter!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
 Here is a fun berry basket, and a couple of plant picks with 2 more ways to use Blendas.
  1. The black pick was first embossed in white, then I colored the embossed images with the light Wasabi and Pirouette Blendas.
  2. On the white pick, I stamped the flower images in Momento Tuxedo Black ink, then used the dark Pirouette in the center petals, medium Pirouette on the next row of petals, then the light Pirouette on the outer petals. The leaves turned out much better than they deserve as I accidentally used the medium Olive with the light Wasabi :)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
 The night I made this card, I had been preparing to book our first cruise ever, so tropical weather and travel were heavily influencing me :) I think I will bring this with me to send to family while away on our trip.  I did use some of the DSP from the SAB catalog, stamping over it with Smoky Slate ink and the World Map stamp. And I accidentally sewed the Silver Foil Vellum to the card foil side down! Ack! But after I embossed the "hello" in Silver on it and the foil got a bit bubbled, I guess that was a good thing, lol! Only one new technique on this one, but 2 uses.
  1. I colored the camera with the Smoky Slate and Bermuda Bay Blendas and cut it out. 
  2. Then, with all 3 Bermuda Bays, a strip of Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper was covered, then punched with the Star Confetti punch. Then the stars were carefully glued to the vellum with Crystal Effects.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Well, either this was your last stop, or you started somewhere in the middle and you will be heading over to Heidi Bak's blog to see what she has worked with the stamp set Best Day Ever!

Be sure to leave some comments on your way through, we love to hear from you! I know it makes my day when someone has something to tell me :)

http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/

http://rubberredneck.typepad.com/

12 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

These are amazing, Tanya! What a plethora of uses for the Blendabilities! So glad that we can get them during SAB, since I clearly need them all!

Paper Art Garden said...

Thank for you sharing such wonderful ideas for using the markers. I would have never thought there was such a wide variety. The projects are beautiful and I can't wait to try the techniques.

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love the lunch bag treat bag. I sure love it. All are great.

Wendie Waldman said...

Wow, great projects!

Kim said...

What awesome ideas for the Blendas! I'll be trying some of these ideas!

Heidi Baks said...

I just love all the techniques you showcased. Great job, Tanya!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Wow, Tanya! I can't wait to try the ombre coloring!! Your camera card is fantastic! Find a contest and submit it.

Twila said...

Wow! Tanya, thanks for showing us lot's of fun ways to use the blendies. I just adore that lunch sack!

Anonymous said...

Awesome use of the Blendabilities! I learned a few things too :) I love your little bag it is adorable.

Paula said...

Great ideas on how to use the Blendies, Tanya! I hope you enjoy your cruise (or did enjoy it if you already went!)

Marla said...

I love your projects! The bags are so cute, especially. Trying to figure out how you sewed them (shut?). Hmmmm.... Can you give a clue? I love sewing on bags!

Tanya Boser said...

Marla,

I am so glad you enjoyed my projects! I am quite fond of making projects with lunch bags also. In fact, this is not the first one I have made! Here are links to some others I have done:

http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/2013/08/place-setting-follow-up.html (with instructions)
http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/2014/01/stamp-review-crew-hearts-flutter-edition.html
http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/2014/08/stamp-review-crew-flower-patch-edition.html

Have fun making your very own!
Tanya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails