Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Crazy About You Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/08/stamp-review-crew-crazy-about-you.html

It is Stamp Review Crew time again and the excitement of Stampin' Up! Convention has past. We still have about a month before the new Holiday Mini starts. Sounds like the perfect time to be reveling in the wonderful stamps still available in the Annual Catalog! This time we are featuring a stamp set that should be a staple in everyone's stash. It has something for EVERY occasion you could think of, and lots of coordinating dies and punches :) I am talking about Crazy About You of course!

If this is your first time hopping with us, then I should tell you that we are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together every first and third Monday of the month to feature a single stamp set. We share lots of ideas for that set to get you excited and inspired :) You can check out the master blog roll on our home blog, and find all of our past hops, and all of the links will take you directly to the posts you are looking for! If you are following along in order, then you just arrived from the fabulous Lisa Young's blog!

For my project this time, all I could think about was citrus fruit, limes in particular! I love a slice of lime in lemon-lime sodas, diet coke, and of course, in a margarita! And at the Brazilian grill, Tucanos, in Salt Lake City, they serve a delicious Lime lemonade that I adore. So I had to make a lime card :) The embossing folder is a sneak peek at one of the new goodies from the Holiday Mini, which you are going to LOVE! In this card, it has that effervescent feel of a cool, refreshing, carbonated beverage.
I embossed the round flower image in clear embossing powder on Cucumber Crush cardstock, then cut them out with the 1-7/8" circle die. You could use the 1¾" or 2" circle punches just as well, they all fit nicely. Then I used a sponge dauber to ink the edges with some Cucumber Crush ink for the rind. I cut the circles in half with a scissors. This was a blessedly fast card! LOVE fast and cute, don't you?

 Inside I inked just half of the stamp in Cucumber Crush and stamped a few slices along the right edge.  What do you think? Is it making you thirsty, lol?

Next up is Deb Currier, and I am sure that she will amaze you with her clean and gorgeous creation!

http://artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-stamp-review-crew-crazy-about-you.html

http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2015/08/stamp-review-crew-crazy-about-you.html

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

12 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Fast, and definitely cute, I might have to try it! It is an absolutely adorable card, Tanya! Such a fun use for that flower stamp.

Yapha Mason said...

I love your limes, Tanya! What a clever idea! Great card!

Rochelle Blok said...

Fantastic card Tanya! They so look like limes! Such a clever way to use the stamp set!

Betty said...

How fun and what a cool use of the new embossing folder! Glad you were able to go to convention!!

Anonymous said...

Great imagination Tanya. What a fab idea!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very fun and different creation....lime is sooo reserving and a nice change from lemon! Thanks for sharing your favorite drinks with us!

Unknown said...

Cute card and I love that embossing folder. Totally missed it while looking through the online version of the catalog. It's on my order for tomorrow! Great card.

Nikki Spencer said...

Those limes are so cool Tanya, such a clever idea and yay for that embossing folder, it's on it's way..:0)

Heidi Baks said...

I would not have seen citrus fruit in this stamp image -- so creative!

Mike said...

Tanya, this is so clever. It's so amazing how many interpretations of the same stamp there are. I would have never thought of limes, but there they are! VERY creative!

Unknown said...

Wow, I love this idea. I mainly got this set because of the words but I will definitely CASE your card. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow this is awesome!! I was even trying to figure out a lime idea last week and thought well shoot I don't have a lime stamp. ROFL Very clever girl and super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails