I am back with more projects with the Sealed with Love stamp set! Once I got started, I couldn’t stop! It helped that I had brainstormed a whole list of ideas for this set before we went on our December cruise 😀 Do you want to see a little San Juan in December?
It was gorgeous! This was just before dusk, and a few minutes later it was dark enough that the lights with brilliant. I did not think to take any pictures of that though…
As beautiful as San Juan was, it just did not feel like Christmas to this Minnesota girl. I had to create these sweet little snow flurries for myself when we got back 😊 The process for these cards was the same, the colors just changed.
- Start by taping a 4”x5¼” panel of watercolor panel to an MDF board with painter’s tape.
- Squeeze ink into the lid of Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry, or Pool Party and Island Indigo. Or put a drop of reinker into the lids of each inkpad. Dilute with a couple drops of water.
- Pick up the lighter color and apply sweeps of the color to the dry watercolor paper. Pick up some of the darker color and apply more sweeps of color to the watercolor in areas that do not have ink yet. Then clean the Aquapainter, and go over the panel with clean water to blend things a bit. Air dry, or with heat tool. Spatter with water, let it sit for a few seconds, then dab off with a clean rag. Repeat until you get the look you want. Dry well with heat tool.
- Remove panel from board. Wipe with Embossing Buddy, then stamp the snowflake-like images with Versamark in a sweep from the left upper corner to the right lower corner. White heat emboss.
- Wipe a piece of Vellum (at least 3” square) with Embossing Buddy. Stamp the sentiment along bottom edge in Versamark, Copper(or Silver for the blue card) heat emboss. Trim down to size and dovetail the end.
- Stitch around panel with sewing machine and with thread, stitching sentiment banner in place at the same time.
- Adhere to a Sweet Sugarplum or Pool Party card base.
- Apply some sweeps of Clear Wink of Stella to add a little sparkle to the flurries.
I tried to catch the shimmer of the Wink of Stella here, but this still does not do it justice.
And here is the inside of Sugarplum card.
This close up shows the appearance of texture the watercolor gives this. I love these 2 colors together sooo much!!
I stamped the snowflakes in a different spot on this one. Which do you like better?
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)