Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Father's Day Creations with the Grands: Geoffrey


If you have followed me for very long, you may know that my #3 child, Dakota, got married in November. And that went from being a bachelor to being a married man with 4 children overnight!

Well, this weekend Dakota's wife, Jen, asked if she and the kids could come make Father's Day cards with me this week. Of course, I said yes!

They were each given a turn for one-on-one stamping with grandma, and free rein to chose any stamps from my stash to use. 

And 9 cards later, we are all exhausted and happy with the results.

I will be doing a blog post for each child and their creations. Today is Geoffrey, the youngest.

He made this card for his dad, and chose blue and fishing and plaid. All things his dad enjoys!

We started with Pacific Point cardstock and ink, and the Concord & 9th Plaid Background stamp set. The Stamparatus was very handy! There are white heat embossed stripes here.

Then we used the very retired Angler stamp set from Stampin' Up! This is a set that I will keep in my stash forever. You will have to pry this one out of my cold, dead hands, lol!

We white heat embossed the fishermen on black cardstock, then die cut with the Stitched Shapes oval.  And the fish are stamped on watercolor paper and fussy cut.

The sentiment is old also, I think it is Inkadinkadoo.

Inside of all of the cards, the kids used sentiments from the freshly retired Dad Jokes stamp set from Stampin' Up!

For this card, Geoffrey started by picking Wild Wasabi cardstock and the now retired Nailed It stamp set from last year's Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog. Another awesome set!

We stamped the images with Wild Wasabi ink, and copper heat embossed the sentiment. I hand cut the Crumb Cake layer, and used the coordinating Build It framelit die for the white layer.

Geoffrey was mighty proud of himself for stamping these cards! As he should be. He is only 6 years old!

I will try to link to as many of the products I used as I can, although many are retired.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails