Monday, February 11, 2019

Kindred Stamps: Building Blocks with Spaceship Paneling and Wreath Stamping


Hello again friends! This post is for everyone that has spent hours in creative play with building blocks!

The Building Blocks stamp set was just begging to be stamped in a wreath pattern. There are templates you can buy, and you can create your own with some cardstock and a square die.

So I started this card by stamping the various blocks using my homemade wreath builder template on a 4" square of white cardstock. Then I colored the blocks with Copic Markers.

Red: R05, R24, R46
Orange: YR15, YR16, YR09
Yellow: Y02, Y06, Y08
Pink: RV02, RV04, RV09

Next the block wreath was cut with a stitched circle die, and at the same time I cut a coaster circle with the same die to add dimension. I glued these together.


The next step was to create the background with the Spaceship Panels stencil and Distress Inks.

The first layer is a blend of Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, and Candied Apple.

Then the stencil was applied and the background was inked again with the same colors. Except I swapped Mustard Seed for the Squeezed Lemonade. I just wasn't getting the contrast that I wanted until I switched to the darker yellow.

This was then die cut with a stitched rectangle die.


For the sentiment strip, I inked up a scrap of paper with Squeezed Lemonade and Ripe Persimmon and flicked some water on it.

The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black, then trimmed out with my paper trimmer. I used a scissor to create the slanted ends.

Now, go forth and create! Be sure to share your creations on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest using the hashtag #kindredstamps so we can all see what you have made!

Kindred Stamps is INCREDIBLY careful to avoid copyright infringements. To help, we refer to the stamp sets by their listed name and do not use any character or fandom names. Please do the same 😊

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails