Tuesday, May 28, 2019

New Hero Hues Rctive Inks vsw Distress Oxides


I was so excited to get my hands on the new Hero Hues Reactive Inks that I ordered them in the first hours that they were available on May 22nd. There were some reactive inks in a few of the My Monthly Hero kits over the last year, so I had gotten the opportunity to play with them a bit. Enough to know that I wanted more!




I did make a video that shows all the nitty gritty details.


I started with solid image and line art image stamping with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and Creamsicle Hero Hues inks. I also did clear heat embossing over the inks. The stamps are from Concord and 9th Peek-Through Patterns and Little Love Tag.


This is an even finer lined image with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide and Taffy Hero Hues.



These were blended, then smooshed, and layered. Worn Lipstick/Taffy, Festive Berries/Fruit Punch, and Wilted Violet/Grape Slush are the colors. 

Same colors used as watercolor paint on watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. 

Then I tried stamping on black cardstock with Fossalized Amber Distress Ink and Lemon Drop Hero Hues. 

Same colors on Kraft cardstock. 

Last, but not least, a watercolor wash with spritzing and smooshing.

I love these both, and they are very similar. I would say that the difference is that the Hero Hues are more vibrant and the Oxides have that awesome chalkiness. Yes, you need both 😁

Here are some convenient links to the products I used here, check them out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails