Monday, November 19, 2007

For the Soldiers, Next Club Meeting, and other stuff

Sorry for the long stretch between posts! I've been sick :(

I just talked to Renae and it looks like we will be having our next Stamp Club meeting on Dec 6th at Renae's house! Yippee!

Anyway! I had a fit of card making yesterday and this is what I came up with!



This one I made to send to Cards From Home, an organization that sends cards to deployed troops for them to use to send to their loved ones. This is one of the RAK's that I will be having our group make and send stuff to.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Warmest Regards(retired hostess set)

Paper: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla

Ink: Always Artichoke

Access: Cuttlebug with Textile embossing folder and Sliders die, Certainly Celery 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

I love my Cuttlebug! I haven't gotten to use it much lately as I always seem to be working on stuff for Stampin Up! demonstration :( And I just got my sets of circle Nestabilities, yet another expensive "gotta-have-it!" toy.


But just look at the lovely scallops and circles! This is a card I am going to send to my 89 y/o grandma who just had knee replacement surgery! She lives in Brainerd and with everything I have had going on here at home, I haven't been able to go see her. I thought I would send her cards, and a little cup of cocoa! I'm sending one to my Aunt Diane because she has been with Grandma everyday since surgery, no-one else has been in to see her yet! I put a bug in my Dad's ear though, he'll make sure that Dad and Herb go.

About the card! I used one of my all time favorite sets that was only in the Winter Mini last year. I really hope they put it in this next catty, but I won't hold my breath. This card holds a packet of hot cocoa inside:)

Stamps: Like It A Latte'

Paper: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Whisper White

Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip

Access: Cuttlebug with Nestabilities, Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon, Crop-O-Dile, eyelets, 2-way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, stamp-a-ma-jig
And this is the inside! Again the colors are a little off, but I need to perfect my photography skills here!

This is another one I plan to send to Cards From Home. They had a message on their website saying they need "Thank You" and "Missing You" kinds of cards the most. So had to use Moose You!

Stamps: Moose You

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White

Ink: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip

Access: paper piercer with guide, photo corners punch, cuttlebug with nestabilities, stamp-a-ma-jig

I've made a few other cards, but I used them before I took pics! Hopefully I'll be better at posting more often!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails