Thursday, August 6, 2009

Convention Registration Day

This is Momento Mall. It looks like no one is shopping right? Let's just say I'm hanging with the right people ;) This was at 8:25 and I already had all of my goodies ready to check out. I'll post picks of those later. I didn't have time to take pics today and now I have no daylight! It has been a very busy day. I got my Convention bag shortly after 9am, rushed back to the hotel, had breakfast with Jamie, mounting my stamps while I ate cuz I needed them for Make & Take Helper training at 2pm. Then we were 30 miles away in Riverton at the Stampin Up headquarters to do our tour shortly before 11am.

Here is the distribution center. Awe inspiring how they have this set up. They keep track of their goal of items to ship for the day and how many they actually get out the door, and yesterday their goal was 73,000. They packaged and shipped 88,000! Woo-hoo! I think they deserve a shout out!


This is part of the wall of flags representing the diversity of the staff working in the distribution center. Pretty cool, huh. I think it's great!
Then you walk out the distribution center doors into their lunchroom.
And this is it! This is the Atrium and it is inside, cool, relaxing, and sooo inviting. Ahhh... it would be really hard to go back to work wouldn't it! This has to be an amazing place to work.

This is in the Legacy Room. The new Adornment stencil and I was told that Shelli actually just put it up on Tuesday! Just gorgeous! And I just got this stencil myself. Hmmmm... what will I do with it?
After we finished the tour, we headed back to SLC and relaxed in the room for about 45 minutes before I had to head back to the convention center to do my Make & Take Helper traininng from 2-6pm. I thought "There is no way we need 4 hours to train for this" Boy was I wrong! There were 8 projects and I had to really hustle to get the stamping and punching and just some of the assembly done. I finished them up this evening after we went here:
Totally Amazing food! This place was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network. It definitely was worth it. And do you see all those people milling around outside? They are all waiting to be seated in this "Dive". Very crowded, but the staff were all cheerful, fast, and attentive. And the food WAS killer! I had the special that night- a seafood fajita with shrimp, scallops, and chicken with tons of sauteed sweet red and green peppers with onions, guacamole, & pico de gallo. It was delish! I want to eat here again before we leave because there was so much stuff on the menu that I can't get at home that I really want to try!

This is the fried ice cream we had for desert. Yummy! That is all I can say. It was soooooo good!
Tomorrow is the first actual day of Convention and I am up WAY too late! I need to get to bed so I can get up at 6am to get ready, eat, and run to convention by 8am. I'll try to get more photos for you all then!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails