Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vintage Wedding Card


I found my inspiration from Michele Tech on her blog here but I of course had to change a few things. I loved the green on the white that looked like a wonderful tin typed ceiling or wall tile. So I had to try it myself. The hardest part was finding an image that would fit in the Curly label punch window that I made that fit in with the vintage feel of the card. I wanted it to stay relatively simple and elegant. I hope I succeeded.
  • Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Paper: Naturals Ivory, Old Olive, Kraft
  • Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Dusty Durango ink and markers
  • Other: Old Olive taffeta ribbon, Lots of Tags Sizzlit and Finial Press embossing folder with Big Shot, Curly Label punch, Word Window punch, Large Oval punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, sponges, Stampin Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, scoring blade with paper cutter

I dabbed and rubbed on the embossed card stock with a sponge and Old Olive ink, then with shimmer paint to achieve the distressed/vintage look. This is a different angle trying to show the shimmer, which is gorgeous if I do say so myself! It's hard to photograph though. I also inked up the butterfly with Old Olive, then thumped Chocolate Chip and Dusty Durango on with makers, then added shimmer paint with a sponge dauber. THEN I stamped the image onto the Kraft card stock. And don't you love how the word window, large oval, and tag from Lots of Tags layer together so nicely?!

And this is the inside. I haven't put a sentiment on the inside yet. I will when I am ready to use it :)
I used the scoring blade on my paper cutter to create on embossed border around the edges. Subtle but lovely...
Tell me what you think, leave a comment!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails