Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anniversary Tree

 
It was Jan and Suzanne's anniversary yesterday! Happy Anniversary Jan and Suzanne! Jan is my aunt who lives in the mountains of California (do they have fall there?). She also makes custom furniture for sale. I thought a tree of love would be appropriate, plus I got to use my new stamps :-) I know their card will be late getting to them since I made it Monday night, but I am sure they will appreciate the thought anyway.

 
This was a very easy card to put together, and I really love it! I think I will make a couple to keep in my stash. My stash was seriously depleted lately! I don't tend to make a lot of extra cards. Most of them are made with something specific in mind. Or they get sold at work fairly quickly, lol.


My first thought for the inside of this card was "Love may not grow on trees, but it can grow as Strong as a tree. Happy Anniversary" Corny, I know, but I thought it sounded pretty good. Then I remembered my Occasional Quotes set and the saying in that set "Love begins in a moment, grows over time, and lasts an eternity." This sounded so much better and said pretty much the same thing. Plus I didn't have to try to make my handwriting look good, lol! Then to finish decorating the inside, I was digging through my scrap files and found some scraps of already cut out trims! Bingo Baby! Then I had to add a little "love" from Tiny Tags along the bottom  ;-) I hope they like it as much as I do!
  • Stamps: Season of Friendship, Tiny Tags, I (Heart) Hearts, Occasional Quotes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
  • Ink: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, More Mustard, Early Espresso
  • Other: 3/4" Circle punch, Heart Small punch, Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding ribbon, Big Shot with Tasteful Trims die, Scallop Edge border punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
Wow, I really used 5 stamp sets with this?! OK, most of them were the different sentiments I used. I am not going to worry about it! 

 Then, cuz I loved how this turned out so much, I made 3 more! Minus the bow and without any sentiment. I think this card would work for a lot of occasions and for a guy too.


Don't they look great peeking out of my tin. I think this will be my "just in case" tin for in the car. I hate it when I need a card NOW and they are all at home.


Ok, one last photo. I had to decorate the envelope too :-) Now, I better go put this in the mail! I must have really liked this one, I sure have a  lot of photos of it (rolling eyes here).

Now, go stamp some stuff!!

5 comments:

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card! These colors are amazing together, and I love the hearts on the tree! I'm sure they will love it as well!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Such a sweet card--love those little hearts in the tree! THe envelope embellishment is lovely, too. . . .

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wowzier what a beauty!! Great job!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and all the details!!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails