I found this adorable project on SCS yesterday and had to make one of my own! I actually made 4 different versions of this basic idea and I will share them with you throughout the next week or so. Today I am showing you the snowman :)
Here is the side view so you can see the construction. I saw the sample, had no instructions so I will try to provide some quick here. :)
- Cut three 4"x4" squares of Whisper White card stock.
- Punch out two Snowflake punches in Basic Black. Trim to form the arms of the snowman.
- Score each square in half diagonally and crease well.
- Emboss the squares with embossing folder of your choice.
- Apply Shimmer Paint, Dazzling Diamonds, or Embossing Powder to squares if desired. I used Frost White Shimmer Paint.
- Fold on score lines and adhere one square to another by lining the outer edge of one up to the inside of the fold of the other.
- Adhere the arms on the inside of the third square about 2" down from tip on each side.
- Apply glue to inside of both halves of the third square and adhere to the other two to form your tripod. You can lay it on it's side and use the bone folder to apply pressure on the inside to get a good adherence.
- Hat : 1-3/8" square punch with two corners rounded, a Word Window punch, a ¼" hat band, and the smallest snowflake from the Northern Frost die.
- Face: 1¾" Circle punch, one point of the large Star punch in Pumpkin Pie sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink, and Black Designer Jewels.
- Adhere Hat to Face, then adhere to tip of snowman.
- Adhere buttons to front and finish embellishing as desired.
- Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie
- Other: Big Shot with Northern Frost die and Buttons #5 die and Merry Details die and Northern Flurry embossing folder, Snowflake punch, Word Window punch, large Star punch, 1¾" Circle punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewel, Flourish Basic Black Designer Jewel, Clear Tinsel Trim, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber, Stampin Sponge, Signo white gel pen.
And here is the little guy from the front. He makes me smile every time I look at him! Give him a try! I think he will make you smile too :)