Friday, November 21, 2014

Courage in Pink

So, I know I should have posted this last month. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I made these cards and some coasters that I was going to take to a local bar as an awareness moment. They will have to go next year.... But I was having a month of creativity without feeding the blog monster. That's what I affectionately say when I create stuff just to make some posts on my blog. Or is that just an excuse to spend time crafting? ;)

All of the stamps and the embossing powder I used are retired. But just because SU doesn't sell them anymore does not mean that they don't still work! Just that I can't sell them to you :) Unless I wanted to sell mine, which I don't :)

This card started sometime in September when I made about 6 different panels with watercolor paper and different watercolor techniques. I went a little wild with it. I am still quite enamored with this whole watercolor thing :) Beware! Then the panels all sat there for a while, as I admired their beauty and did not have the heart to cut them up or cover any of it up. Silly, I know.
In late October, I finally decided I have savored these panels long enough and started making some cards with them. I cut this panel in half and made 2 cards that are almost identical.

To create the panel, I first embossed the ribbon in Melon Mambo embossing powder all over. Then I sponged stripes of color onto the panel, alternating shades of pink (Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, and Melon Mambo) with Smoky Slate. Then I took a mixture of water and Pearl colored Perfect Pearls and spritzed the whole panel, and dried it with the heat tool. Fantastic shimmer results!

The ribbon was stamped with Pink Pirouette, then Courage was embossed in Silver embossing powder. Diecut and paper pierce the oval, diecut a 2¼" circle, and one of the banners from the Project Life framelits set in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.

I stamped all over the Pink Pirouette panel with the words in Pink Pirouette.


Inside, the ribbon is stamped in Pink Pirouette and then Hero is stamped in Silver Encore. I outline the inside panel with the white gel pen.

 Then I decided to put the second one on a white card base. I think I like this one better.

This one got outlined with the Silver Dazzle marker on the inside.

  • Stamps: Ribbon of Hope (retired), Words of Courage (retired)
  • Ink: Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Versamark, Silver Encore
  • Paper: Whisper White, Watercolor, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer
  • Other: Big Shot with Ovals, Circles, and PL Cards and Labels framelits, Silver and Melon Mambo embossing powder, Silver Dazzle marker, Signo white gel pen, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack and Paper Piercer, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, dimensionals

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

I discovered that the 2 retired sets that I used are actually available as MDS digital downloads too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails