Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Four Votive Candle Box Tutorial

SO, after doing only 2 videos in the career of my blog, I am trying again :) I have to say, this was the easiest one so far, despite the fact that I had an absolutely ridiculous set-up involving my cell phone, a goose neck lamp, a piece of MDF, and Painter's Tape, lol!

So here it is, a tutorial on making the votive candle box I made for the Amazing Birthday edition of the Stamp Review Crew. I hope you enjoy it. (Yes, I needed to use my inhaler-the scented candles in the box were setting me off, sorry about all of the throat clearing and sniffling. Just be glad I didn't start coughing during that take of the video, lol)


Measurements for the Box:
8½" square of cardstock
Score at ¾", 2¾", 5¾", 7¾"
Turn 90 degrees
Repeat the above scoring.

Measurements for the Slider:
3"x11"

Option one: tighter lid using the Paper Trimmer to score
Score at 3-1/16", 5-1/8", 8-3/16", 10-1/4"

 Option two: slighter looser lid using Simply Scored Board
Score at 3-1/8", 5-1/4", 8-3/8", and 10-1/2"

I went ahead and made up some more boxes with all the materials I used in the video. Waste not, want not you know!

You see the tops of all three in the banner at the top of this post, here are the sides of all of the boxes. I only stamped on the 2 sides that show when the slider sleeve is in place. Sometimes before I assemble boxes, I stamp a message in the bottom, but not this time.

For this one I stuck with the oak theme with the leaves and the acorns. I was surprised at how dark the Tangelo Twist turned out on the Naturals Ivory cardstock. But in a good way :)

I did manage to stamp these on the assembled box. It was a bit of a challenge, but that just makes life interesting, right!

This one is very simple. The most challenging thing was fussy cutting the banner.

I love how the Gold Encore ink looks on the Hello Honey banners. There is some 2nd and 3rd generation stamping here too.

I pretty much just repeated the pattern of the first box here, but with the branch. The "thanks" is part of a larger sentiment, I just inked up the word with a Versamarker and embossed with Gold embossing powder. I have had that Versamarker for years and have only used it a couple of times. It is still super juicy. I will be using it more :)

Just some simple stamping on the side of this one.

So, tell me what you think of the video, please! I can take constructive criticism and suggestions for improved video techniques and ways to edit, so please. Don't hold back :)







1 comment:

John Smith said...

Amazing images of candle boxes, thanks for sharing with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails