The Scrapbooking and More Creative Crew challenge for this month was to use circles on your layout, and that made our snorkeling pictures jump to my mind! I like to hang these pages in lovely frames in our house, so they are home decor too :) Usually they are of my grandson though, lol.
- I cut a piece of watercolor paper to 8"x10". Then I watercolored patches of Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, and Dapper Denim, layering the colors and drying with the heat tool between colors. Then I splashed clean water on the panel, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, then dabbed it off with a sort of clean clothe. This removes some of the ink colors in splash patterns.
- Then I pulled out my Circles dies and cut out a variety of pictures with 3-4 sizes of circles.
- I played around with the circle placement until I liked it, then I lightly adhered the circles with tape runner. Then I decided to stitch them in place with my sewing machine to help highlight the pictures more.
- I took sentiments from Sunshine Sayings and stamped them on the watercolor paper.
- Then I placed the page in an 8"x10" photo frame. All done!
Have you been snorkeling? Did you like it? And what was your favorite part?
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)