- Cut a panel of watercolor paper to 4"x5¼". Create a 4¼"x5½" Soft Sky card base.
- Squeeze your Soft Sky and Peekaboo Peach ink pads to create a puddle of ink on the lids. Use your Aqua-painter to dilute the inks and watercolor a puddle of Soft Sky. Heat set, then repeat in a different but overlapping pattern with the Peekaboo Peach. Heat set again.
- Splash clean water on the panel, then dab the water off with a relatively clean cloth. This removes some of the ink in a spatter pattern.
- Then either load your Aqua-painter with leftover diluted ink from the inkpad lids and spatter onto panel by tapping the brush over the watercolor paper, or use the fine spatter image from Gorgeous Grunge to apply some spatters. Dry again.
- Use Embossing Buddy over the water color panel, then test to see if any embossing powder sticks. If it sticks, brush off, then heat with heat tool and test again.
- When the embossing powder no longer sticks, use the embossing buddy again, stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink, sprinkle with Copper embossing powder, and heat set.
- Stitch around the panel with sewing machine and thread.
- Apply dimensionals, (or trimmed coasters if you have a big stash of them like I do), to the back of the watercolor panel and adhere to the front of the cardbase.
- Stamp the second part of the sentiment in Soft Suede inside the card, then stamp the fine spatter image in Soft Sky and Peekaboo Peach from the right lower corner up towards the center. All Done!
What is your go-to stamp set for sympathy cards? And do you keep a stash of them?
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)