- I started with a piece of watercolor paper, sponged on Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide, and Fresh Fig. Then spritzed it with water, and dried with the heat tool. I added a swish of Clear Wink of Stella to the center. This was then die cut with the largest square Stitched Shapes framelit.
- Then the mermaid was stamped in Archival Black ink on a scrap of watercolor paper. Then colored with and Aqua-painter and Soft Suede, Powder Pink, Fresh Fig, and Tranquil Tide. A little more Clear Wink of Stella adds some shimmer. It is much more shimmery in real life....then I fussy cut the mermaid and adhered her to the square with a dimensional.
- A 4"x5¼" panel of Thick Whisper White was embossed with the Seaside embossing folder.
- The sentiments were stamped on the edge of a Whisper White scrap, then trimmed off with paper trimmer, then dovetailed.
- Then square was adhered with dimensionals to the embossed panel, then the sentiment strips were adhered with Fast Fuse. Then stitched around the whole thing. This was then adhered to a Thick Whisper White card base.
I created a video for this technique! Check it out :)
Now, if you started at the beginning, I am the last stop. If not, keep going! There are lots more ideas waiting for you 😀
Tanya Boser- You are here!
And in case you missed there, here are Days One, Two, and Three!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)
Products not yet available:
Message in a Bottle stamp set
Powder Pink inkpad
Fresh Fig inkpad
Tranquil Tide inkpad
I spy sewing on this super cute card! That is dedication right there, lol. How cute is this mermaid? You made the perfect background for her!
Love how you did the watercolor. WOW. This is perfect for this adorable mermaid. SO SO pretty.
Omgosh they're both adorable .. I have 14 grands and those girls love mermaids !! This will be an awesome card to do .. Thank you so very much for the GREAT IDEAS AND TIPS !! Hugs Anne
I am head over heels for this mermaid card - your watercolouring, the splash of shimmer, the whole thing! It's just perfection.
This is so cute! Thanks for showing the technique video. I can't wait to try this with different color combos. It looks really cool after it dries and you go back and reactivate the ink with the extra drops of water. So pretty!
Post a Comment