Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Kindred Stamps Relase: Metal Friends

Hey, Kindred Friends! It is release week, and I am so excited to help share all the new goodies with you! There is a whole crop of awesomeness coming your way, so get ready 😎😍

Here are the names of the sets in this release:


The set I am featuring is Metal Friends. Excellent, dude!


The background is sponged on some textured white cardstock from my stash with Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint, and Iced Spruce. I will admit to some water spattering. It's a sickness, I know. 😉

Then another piece of textured white cardstock was cut out with a ray cover plate die and sponged with Iced Spruce.

Since I love to watercolor, I used several water-based markers from the Distress line and Stampin' Up! to color these rad dudes.

I used some Nuvo Crystal drops to add some subtle, not feminine accents.

 I sponged the same Distress Oxide inks in a circular motion on the inside. The sentiment is a combination from the Magical Friends set and Metal Friends, and a handwritten "n". It totally works!

The background is three of the sentiments clear heat embossed on black cardstock. Minimal effort with maximum impact!

This time the guys of aged a bit. Well at least the G-man has! I should have made them both gray haired.

I had a very limited array of alcohol marker colors, all but three of which were Stampin' Up!. I have since fixed that. I found a Copic retailer near my daughter's apartment in Minneapolis, and I finally took the plunge! Forty-five markers later, and I am super excited to start using them! When I told the clerk at the store what I was working on, she was quite intrigued.

I dug through my stash looking for something about becoming a classic, and found this retired stamp! Perfect, I say! This is why you should never get rid of retired stamps. 😀 At least, that's what I am telling myself.


So, this card is all business in the front...

...and party in the back! When my daughter opened it to look at it, she was actually startled by the pop-up! I got a good laugh out of that!

This is a twist pop up card, so fun and easy to make! I did more ink blending and spattering, this time with Night of Navy and Coastal Cabana on the blue panels, and Grey Granite on the warm grey pop up.

In retrospect, I really should have added something to the empty section on the pop up.

Here they all are again. I have only just began playing with this set!

Which one do you like the best? Let me know in the comments!

The Kindred Stamps team, myself included, hope that you've enjoyed reading about my card makes for this release. If you would like an opportunity to win shop credit please go and comment on everyone's blog post! One random winner will win a $10 shop credit, they will be contacted privately and announced in our Fan Club, Kindred Stamps Fan Club!

Kindred Stamps
Guest Designer Kim Huffman
Tinkerin in Ink
Ashlea Crafts
Clown Mom Creations
Fanciful Spaces

14 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

These are TOTALLY excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your watercoloring!

Dotsy said...

I TOTALLY agree!!

Dina said...

Dude, these are some excelleeeeent cards!

scrapper Karen said...

Party on! Great cards and clever ideas!!!

Michele said...

These are really good cards :)

Nikki said...

Great cards!

Jamie C said...

Such a fun set. Good work on your cards. They are totally excellent!

Kathy Bolam said...

Terrific cards, Tanya! My favorite is the pop up card.

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is my fav of the release! I love your backgrounds and the fold out card! GREAT JOB

abhoneyab said...

How awesome! Love it!

Krafty Nancy said...

I love the spot light card!

Rhianna said...

The pop up card is great! I love all the creations!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards , thanks for sharing xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails