Saturday, July 14, 2018

Masters of Magic Hugs

Can you feel the love with this card? Giant hugs indeed! The magical big boy looks like he could give some champion hugs, and I can think of several of my friends and family who enjoy that.

I am actually in my daughter's apartment again this weekend, so it is a limited supply card.

Can you believe I don't even have a spray bottle or spritzer with me?! I sponged the background on some watercolor paper with Poppy Parade and Lovely Lipstick, then looked in my travel crafting bag for my water spritzer. No luck. OK, now what?!

So I just went to the kitchen sink, turned the water on, and spattered water on the background with my fingers. Then I dried it with the cheap off brand heat tool I keep in her apartment.

When I got the Masters of Magic stamp set, I made a pile of watercolor paper cut outs with the Cut Files, used my Stamparatus (MISTI or Ranger Stamp Platform with work also) to stamp out a  bunch of images, and kept them at the ready to play with on the go.

The focal image is watercolored with Soft Suede, Tip Top Taupe, and Lovely Lipstick. There was a bit of color mixing to vary the browns 😉

This sentiment is just perfect, and I white heat embossed it right on the background. I find this works especially well with large sentiments.

Those little hearts were pulled from a couple of stamp sets in my stash. I wished for my heart dies, but they were at home. I kind of wanted to do a heart shaped window to the inside of the card, and to adhere the focal image to the inside.

The inside was finished with more of the hearts instead. 😎

There is an ginormous raspberry patch in my daughter's backyard, and I had to pick a bunch of berries while I was outside using the natural light for these photos. (My photo set up is at home too!)

Until next time, happy stamping my friends! Masters of Magic is calling to you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails