This is the card I made for some friends of ours that got married this weekend. I used the invitation they sent us for inspiration. Below is the invitation envelope with the design.
I used the new In-Colors for the card, and just zipped right along! Don't you just love it when that happens?!
Stamps: Best Blossoms (retired), Baroque Motifs, Dreams du Jour, Celebrate Everything, and Heard from the Heart
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Whipser White, vellum
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Pacific Point, Summer Sun
Accessories: white Ep, Black EP, heat gun, blender pen, Stickles, sponge, CAD, eyelets, large and small oval punches, Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, Cuttlebug with Textile embossing folder
- First I masked and sponged the 2 stripes on the edge of the piece of WW paper with Baja Breeze ink.
- Then I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs over the stripes.
- Then I hunted for and found a branch of leaves from Best Blossoms to stamp the branches and "shadows" using the Generations stamp technique ( ink stamp once, stamp twice or more for lighter shades each time)
- Then I stamped the butterfly stamp from Dreams du Jour twice with Versamark on vellum and embossed one with white ep and the other with black ep. Then colored them with Pacific Point and a blender pen and a Summer Sun marker. Then used Star Dust Stickles to glitter the butterflies.
- Ran a piece of Kiwi Kiss paper through the Cuttlebug with the Textile embossing folder, ran the Kiwi Kiss ink pad over the raised areas.
- Distressed all edges with the distressing tool from the Cutter kit and inked edges with Choc Chip ink.
- Used Your Day stamp from Celebrate Everything in Kiwi Kiss on WW paper, punched out with small oval punch, then punched a large oval out of Baja Breeze.
- Adheres layers and ribbon to card, attached matted oval over ribbon with eyelets and the layers with a couple more eyelets.
- When the butterflies were dry, folded the wings up and glued to card front.
- Stamped "wishing you happiness today & always" from Heard from the Heart inside the card.