Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Spellbinders January 2018 Kit and Caboodle

I am thoroughly enjoying all of the kits that I am getting right now, and exploring crafting styles that are new to me.

I had always thought that I could not work with paper embellishments that I had not created from scratch, but am discovering that I can indeed use them and make them feel like I made them, partly.

The Spellbinders Card of the Month/Kit and Caboodle kits are helping me along with that task. The Card Kits come loaded with premade embellishments that I am actually excited to use!

Check out what I have made so far with the January kit. 

The vellum strip is modified by using a label die from the kit to cut the end. I layered some pink cardstock from the kit behind it, and die cut that edge to match.

The leaves are cut from the gorgeous gold foil cardstock that is included in the kit also.

The Layered Leaves embossing folder is used to spice up the white panel I created by cutting down the cardbases from the kit. I personally prefer a heavy smooth white cardbase.

The sentiment is from sentiment is from Beautiful Bouquet, which I got in December. And am just now using.


LOVING this black and white check pattern! It is such an awesome contrast to the very feminine florals.

This sentiment is from Colorful Seasons.



How about an elegant wedding or anniversary card?

Beautiful Bouquet works very well for the inside of this card also.

And a tag using the Papertrey Ink Bookmark 3 die and a couple of ephemera elements and ribbon from the kit.

Now, I can't remember what stamp set these sentiments are from. Sorry. That's what happens when you create with abandon and then blog about it much, much later. And don't write yourself some notes.

That luscious ribbon is from the kit too!

I added a snippet of the patterned paper on the inside here too.

Want to shop for some of the goodies I used? Feel free! When I make a little money, I can buy more stuff to create projects to share with you all.



1 comment:

HJ said...

Beautiful cards. Love your creativity. Enjoy your day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails