Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kirk's Birthday Card

I needed to make my brother a birthday card today, and I was inspired to CASE this wonderful card by BrandiP at SCS! Everything I used was SU except for the DP, which is DCWV Summer Stack from last year I think. We won't go into how many Stack Packs I have...really we won't!
I just hope my brother realizes there are 3, count em, 3 , flaps to unfold! I know, I went overboard, what can I say!
This is a 5x5" card- Pacific Point base 5x10" the scored in the middle and folded over. Edges inked with same color as paper.
The Barely Banana layer is 4 5/8" square, stamped with BB ink and the Sun stamp from Life's a Breeze. Edges distressed with tool from Cutter kit, then inked with BB ink.
The Wild Wasabi layer is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2" square, scored in half, then trimmed from fold line to opposite corner on one half. Used CELEBRATE and YOUR DAY stamps from Celebrate Everything set and a tar from Starstruck set with WW ink and stamped all over inside full square area. Edges inked with WW.
Cut a 4" square of DP, then cut that in half diagonally and glued to both sides of the triangle flap of WW. Wrapped Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon around triangle flap and tied a knot. Took Small piece of WW double stitched ribbon and tied that over the first knot.
The Pacific Point inner layer is 3 1/2 x 7" scored in the middle and folded in half. Stamped one of the many little star stamps from Starstruck stamp set over front and top of inside fold in PP ink. Inked edges with PP ink.
Cut out a 2 1/8" circle of BB, used Large Star punch with WW, and Small Star punch with PP. Inked edges of WW star with Garden Green marker, edges of PP star with Night of Navy marker, and circle with Apricot Appeal marker. Used Crop-A-Dile to attach stars with Antique Brass jumbo and regular brads.
Stamped Birthday hugs and wishes from Hugs & Wishes set inside small PP "card" .
Used dimensionals to attach circle to front of small PP "card" after adhering all the layers together.
Used white gel pen to dot outside edge and inside the card base.
Stamped the Happiness stamp from Heard from the Heart set-new set coming in F/W catty! and more stars from Starstruck!

This is the first flap, and let me tell you, that fold on the ribbon to make it lay flat on the front, was a little tricky! I also don't use jumbo brads on cards very often, feels wasteful. Usually use them for home decor and scrapbook pages. But this is for a special guy, so I splurged!


We can write a quick smarty pants remark in here. My brother is the BIGGEST smarta$$ in the world! I kid you not!!!


And we can all sign the inside and put personal notes to him on the inside. There are 6 of us that need to sign this!

Now I just need to do a FAB card for his daughter, whose birthday is the day after his! And I need to do it today, cuz I work the next 8 out of 9 days! Ugh! But then I get a week off, yippee! And I will only have to use 12 hours of vacation time!

1 comment:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Fun card! You put a lot of work into it! Nice job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails