Thursday, September 4, 2008

Acetate Treat Boxes

I decided to do at least one challenge yesterday and I found this adorable treat box! Susie McCormick made a tutorial and Lynn Merciano posted the challenge with the here. This is an easier project than it looks! I can't wait to show you all how to do it, but we might have to wait until the Retreat when we'll have more time.
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Organic Grace
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, overhead transparencies (found in the office supply area in Walmart)
Ink: white StazOn, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scallop edge and Slit punches, Big Bite CAD, Pewter jumbo eyelets, taffeta ribbon, Tombow Mono Multi adhesive

This one is done using Pocket Silhouettes again and the butterfly is from the retired hostess set Cause for Celebration with Almost Amethyst paper.



I did my top closure differently than the tutorial. I glued the top to the box, then punched the holes in the 2 sides and attached eyelets, took a 16" length of ribbon threaded through and knotted the ends. Closed the flaps so the last flap is folding down from the front to back. Now trim of about 1/4" of that flap. Use the Slit punch on the flap right below it on the side that corresponds with the end of the top flap when closed. all done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your AT Boxes. They are just too cool! Would you mind sharing how you did your top? I like it better than the others!

Cherie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails