Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Halloween Treat holders

These are inspired by test tube holders done by Lisa S on SCS .
I got to thinking about how I could do this with the empty syringe holders that we throw away at work. So this is my fisrt attempt at it. I think I must have scored something a little crooked but I still think it turned out cute!
I also got to use some the new halloween paper from SU called Ghostly Greetings, lots of great print is that pack. I will forever regret not getting last year's Halloween paper that had purple in it too.
I got the directions from Lisa's blog . There is a link to an instruction sheet there. I modified it a bit because the 3ml syringe cases are shorter than the test tubes :)
So the dimensions of the back piece are 7x3, scoring at 1 1/4" on 2 short sides and 1 long side.
For the front piece it is 7x 4 3/4. Score sides at 1 1/4". then from bottom score at 1 1/4, 3, and 4 3/4.
I also used a 3/4" circle punch for the holder holes because 1" was too big.


Here is a close up of the tube with M&M's in it, and the top of another tube leaning on top it. Cute huh!? Let me know what you think. Does the thought of using a syringe case freak you out? Or is it a neat new way to recycle?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think these are adorable! my step mom is a nurse i may have to call her.

Lisa Somerville said...

Glad you liked my holders - your version turned out great!

Lorraine said...

These are very cute. Great idea. Your blog is a real treat I just indulged myself in. Wonderful work.

charlotte said...

Wow! This is cool. I love this idea--syringe candy treat holders kind of fit in with the Halloween theme-don't you think? My friend works at a vet clinic--guess I'll be hitting her up to save me some. These would be great for classmate treats too--thanks for sharing. This idea is so cool I think my Brownies and Girl Guides would get a kick out of it.

I enjoyed checking out your blog-thanks
Char

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails