Sunday, June 14, 2009

Father's Day Nears

This card is a special request from a co-worker. Her dad likes books. Well, I don't have any book stamps, but I do have the Word Window punch!


I used the punch to make the books and strips of paper to make the shelf. I hope it looks like books to everyone else, lol! I used the Big shot and the Red Tag Sale dies for the letters along with some light weight coasters with Tall Tales SU! DSP glue stick to it for the "Dad" title. I also bought the Father Knows Best set form PaperTreyInk a while back as it has the most awesome Father's day sentiments. Now I finally got to use them :) I'm sorry SU!, sometimes I must stray...
The Always Artichoke paper behind "Dad" is faux sueded- I crumpled the paper up, flattened it, ran it over my bone folder (similar to the technique used to curl ribbon), then peeled the paper into 2 layers. I then glued it down with the inside on the paper showing, all soft, fuzzy, and distressed.
  • Stamps: PTI Father Knows Best
  • Paper: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Whisper White, Tall Tales DSP
  • Ink: Soft Suede inkpad and marker
  • Other: Big Shot and Red Tag Sale die, dimensionals, gold brads, word window punch, light weight coaster, bone folder

Let me know what you think! I love comments :)

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I heart this card!!!! You were very clever to make the books out of the word window punch! I just love it!

Teresa said...

Love this card. Great use of the word punch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails