Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Daughter Made a Card With Me!

Now, I have to let you know that my daughter is a true artist, amazing talent. She think that papercrafting is too hard to learn, not her style. She starts her Photojournalism major at the Art Institute of Minneapolis in 2 weeks. Hoity-toity, I know. But guess what.... she LOVES this watercolor technique! Maybe I'll get her hooked yet. Na, won't happen, but a girl can dream. But she made this rose, loved making it, loved how it turned out, and then decided she needed to make it into a birthday card for a good friend of hers. I walked her through it, and she did a great job.

Here it is closed. I was surprised when she asked me take a picture and post it on my blog! So here it is :) Let's give her lots of positive feedback so we can bring her to the darkside ;)

3 comments:

Stephanie S. said...

I think this is a GREAT card. Definitely from the hands of someone who should be making more. What a clever idea to hide the shimmery watercolor rose behind the embossed roses for an even more special surprise when opened. Tell her if she takes up card making she'll have lots of photo-ops - because we LOVE to look! TFS!

sharon said...

That girl is NUTS if she doesn't continue to explore this media! You are so right. She does have talent!!!
SHaorn L

Anonymous said...

This card is really awesome. You all did a great job on this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails