Sunday, November 29, 2009

Seasonal Centerpiece



Here is a glass vase that I decorated for the holiday seasons. First I used the Holiday Mix Decor Elements from the Holiday Mini  and put JOY on the side, then I wrapped ribbon and a stamped strip of paper around the top. I can change this for  Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Winter, Spring, etc! I will post my other versions of this as I make them.
  • Stamps: Grateful Greetings, Autumn Days
  • Paper: Naturals Ivory
  • Ink: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, More Mustard
  • Other: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain and Old Olive taffeta (from Mistletoe Ribbon Originals) and Gold Elastic Cord, Sticky Strip, gold brads, Decor Elements Holiday Mix in Chocolate Chip.
To make the stamped strip, I took two 3/4"x7" strips of Naturals Ivory and stamped my design. Then with 2 ends overlapping about 1/2", poked a hole thru with my paper piercer, and fastened with a gold brad. Then on one of the other ends I attached the other brad. I then put a piece of sticky strip on the back over that brad's prongs. I then wrapped it around the vase as desired and stuck it together with the sticky strip. I then wrapped ribbon as shown and adhered just the ends to each other. The gold elastic cord I wrapped snugly around the vase, cut the length, then removed from the vase and tied the ends together. Then made a doubled circle and slipped over the vase and ribbon as shown. All Done!

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails