Saturday, November 21, 2009

Woodgrain Thanksgiving



Ok, this is a CASE of Jennifer Picard's card here. I changed just a few things but I love how it turned out. This was something I was going to do with club for October, but tying the linen thread to the ribbon was way to putsy to do with a big group, lol! You may have also noticed that I have been using alot of the Naturals Ivory cardstock lately. I love that it is so heavy and makes a great card base, but I also think it has a very rich look to it. Try it sometime, you'll love it too!
  • Stamps: Woodgrain BG, Autumn Splendor, Grateful Greetings
  • Paper: Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede
  • Ink: Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
  • Other: Dusty Durango polka dot ribbon, Linen thread, wood sheets, 1-1/4" circle punch, 1/16" punch, gold brad, dimensionals, bone folder, Soft Suede marker, distressing tool on the Cutter Kit
I also used the Faux Suede technique again here- crumple and distress cardstock with your bone folder, then peel apart into 2 layers. the exposed inside is all soft and fuzzy like suede! And I stamped on the wood sheet and punched out the image, which was not hard at all. The wood sheets are really thin and backed with paper so you can glue it to other things very easily, however I attached mine to the card with a brad :) I also popped up the main image layers with dimensionals.

Let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails