Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tealight Candles and box


We are making this at club tonight, and if the response I got at work is anything to go by, this is going to be a hit! It would make a great centerpiece on the table, and a lovely gift to the hostess of any dinner party.
  • Stamps: Best Wishes & More
  • Paper: More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory, tissue paper
  • Ink: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
  • Other: paper cutter with scoring blade, Sticky Strip, Heat gun, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1/16" punch, tea lights, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with sponge, gold brads, Gold Elastic Cord, dimensionals
Here is a diagram of the pieces to make the box.
  1. The box starts as a 3-3/4x8-1/4" piece.
  2. Your longest score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 2-5/8", & 3-1/4"
  3. Your short score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 7-1/8", & 7-3/4"
  4. Cut out the shaded areas and on the cut line to make flaps.
  5. Decorate box as desired.
  6. Crease all folds well with bone folder.
  7. Apply sticky strip  to the 4 outer most sections and assemble to box.
  8. The box cover is made from a 5x6" piece. 
  9. Score lines will be 6" long at 5/8", 2-1/4", 2-7/8", & 4-1/2".
  10. Crease folds well with bone folder and put sticky strip on one edge flap.
  11. Decorate top as desired. 
  12. Peel the sticky strip and wrap cover around box, adhere flaps together.
  13. Fold a piece of tissue paper into 4 layers, and sandwich between 2 layers of copy paper. Puch out your 1-3/8" circles. Leave between the copy paper layers and punch 3 times ine the center with the 1/16" punch to make a hole big enough for the wick to fit thru.
  14. Stamp tissue paper with desired images.
  15. Slide tissue paper over the wick onto top of the tealight.
  16. Put tealight down! Do not hold for this step. Heat top of tea light  with heat gun until the tissue  paper melts into the wax. All done!

Here is another set I made with the same theme and color scheme. Now I want to see what you all come up with! Post a comment with a link to yours so we can all see!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanya, this is a great idea! I've done regular candles before, but never tealights! I have got to try this one! TFS!

Michaelynn said...

I saw these on my Stampin' Addicts email and I LOVE THEM! Awesome job!

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - this is just beautiful. I just got back from Washington DC and it looked this like everywhere - living in cement and concrete make this bring back such great memories. Thanks - this is a great project and goft idea. Patti

Vicky said...

This is such a wonderfully creative idea!! They turned out lovely. Well done!TFS!
Vicky

Ms said...

oh Tanya, this is just darling but sure wished you'd do a tutorial so I can see how you do the stamped pic on the wax part. What a great idea for a class. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity

Pat said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for the instructions!!

Linda said...

What a fab idea! So creative! Just love it!

Tammy Clarke said...

This is a great project, so great I just had to CASE it and post it on my blog. www.stampinrx.blogspot.com
I of course gave you full credit and added a link to your blog from my posting. I hope that's ok. Tammy

Tanya Boser said...

Tammy, that is perfectly ok! I think it is amazing that so many people are enjoying this project :)

Me, My Crafts and I said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing! FYI...don't use Partylite tealights. The plastic container and tissue paper don't mix! It melts the plastic and results in a big mess and bad smell!

Tammy Fite said...

Thanks so much for sharing this project along with the directions! We made these at my mini camp this weekend, and the ladies loved them! You can see my version here:
http://www.stampwithtammy.com/2010/11/tis-the-season-mini-camp.html

liannallama said...

I love your project and it turned out so pretty! Love the colors and sparkle!

Sherrill Graff owner said...

thank you so much for these directions. I love love love your artwork. You are amazing to go out of your way to share this link with me. Thank you friend
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails