Saturday, November 2, 2013

Beast Wishes!

I promised another card with this color challenge and here it is :) I have had this Hambo Stamps image for years and had not used it yet. I think Monstermaniacs made me do it, hehe! And you can't see this, but he is a sparkly monster. I had used my blender pen to apply Shimmer Paint to the images on a bunch of wedding favors and I think the blender pen is now permanently sparkly. Oops!

http://www.fridaymashup.com/2013/10/fm133-eat-cake.html
This Friday Mashup challenge was to use Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Smokey Slate, and Basic Gray (or with a cake theme, or both). This post will go live after the challenge ends.


Card sketch courtesy of Try Stampin' on Tuesday! I took a few liberties with it :) 

I embossed and sanded the Smokey Slate block behind the main image, but that may have been a waste of work since you barely see it. I did try a white panel with sewing machine stitching around it, but it just didn;t feel right. I'm OK with the Smokey Slate outline, but not loving it. Can't win them all, can you! I hope that I am improving on coloring my images. There are so many talented coloring masters out there and I know I am not one of them :)
  • Stamps: Tape It, Beast and Beast Wishes (hambostamps)
  • Paper: White, Crushed Curry
  • Ink: Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Smokey Slate, Basic Gray, Jet Black Stazon
  • Other: Blender Pen, Signo white gel pen, Big Shot with Alphabet Press EF, dimensionals, coordinating markers
Stamped a few more of the Tape It images on the inside. Can't have the card naked on the inside!

3 comments:

Yapha said...

What a great image for those colors! Super cute card!

Paper Art Garden said...

I think your coloring is fine. Cute little guy. Sparkly is good. I think even the inside of my car is permanently sparkled!

Anonymous said...

The coloring rocks this is just way to cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails