Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Movember!!

You want to know something really sad. I only own one little, teeny, tiny moustache stamp! How can that be?! Especially since I have a whole horde of furry faced men in my immediate family. And it is Movember, which made me start searching for a moustache stamp.


http://nachoaveragechallenges.blogspot.com/2013/11/nacho-average-challenge-62.html
And who knew you could use pink on a man-card? It is a deep pink, almost red. I made it work :) This color challenge is from this week's Nacho Average Challenges.


http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2013/11/mojo-monday-318-contest.html
Add a sketch and I was almost done. Having a sketch helps me alot, or all my cards might start to look the same, hehe! Mojo Monday always has something to inspire.

After I finished this card, I really wished I had added some texture to the white panel. It just looks so barren. Not my favorite card, but I think someone will love it, especially if I send it with a sweet note :)
  • Stamps: A Fitting Occasion, Hello, Lovely, (PTI) On the Farm
  • Ink: Melon Mambo, Marina Mist, Early Espresso
  • Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake
  • Other: Big Shot with Deco Label Framelits, Simply Pressed Silicone Button mold and Silicone Clay, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Dinmensionals, sewing machine and thread

I lined both pages of the inside of the card so there is room for a good long note, and I stamped the little moustaches along the bottoms. I can't wait to send this out! Maybe to my brother Steven. He would get a kick out of it.

http://us.movember.com/?home

And if you haven't heard of Movember, you should go check it out. It is all about raising awareness, education, and treatment for men's health. In particular: testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and mental health. Here's to a great Movember!!

10 comments:

Leilani McGranahan said...

Cute card. Like all the mustache's. Thanks for playing with us.

Anonymous said...

Love the little mustaches!!! Great card!! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos!

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute card! I love how you used those little stamps together - they look amazing! And you totally made the Melon Mambo work on a guy card! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

Kathya said...

I love this!! Very creative Tanya! Really like all the small details on your card, the sticking, the buttons, the background banner. Thanks for joining the Nachos'

Shans Design Studio said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week.

Christy Lynn said...

I always wonder how to use those teeny-tiny stamps, this looks great! Thanks for joining the fun at Nacho Average Challenges this week!

Anonymous said...

It's adorable! The pattern you created with the tiny stamps is so fun. Like others, I struggle with how to use them so thanks for the idea!

Paper Art Garden said...

I love the use of all the little stamps to make your own background paper. The card is really cute.

Anne Hayward said...

This is a great masculine-themed card. Love your special made paper!

Anonymous said...

ok so this is the first mustache card that hasn't creep ed me out. lol This is way to cute and I like the colors you used too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails